June 13th game

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the stats are so obviously against Garland that it has to turn the opposite. The Reverse Lock, so to speak.

I'm talking outta my ass here, I'm just trying to stay positive.

Jon had a good outing going before he lost concentration with some bad defense and gave up 4 quick runs to the tigers. I say he bounces back nicely tonight.

Per Reifert...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006, 3:10 pm

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Garland pitching.

:cheers

Garland is going to come out and pitch a gem tonight. I'm looking for him to go 8+ innings with 1-2 earned runs and 8 K's. As long as the offense can get 3 runs tonight, we are a lock to win with Garland on the mound!

Jon hasn't been as bad as he was early in the year in his last 4 outings. Problem is, any little thing that goes against him (a close pitch, a bad defensive play, a broken bat hit) causes him to completely lose his cool. If Jon would just be stronger mentally, he'd have had several good outings recently. But the problem is, he's very weak mentally right now, and that's something he has to hash out. Also, A.J. must MAKE him throw the sinker and 2 seamer the majority of the time, use the change as a change of pace, and ONLY throw the 4 seamer out of the zone.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
I think we best him the last time around.

Garland needs to throw the inside pitch.

Word. If he does that, we'll see the 18 win Jon Garland.

However, I will say that the last time Jon was on the bump in Arlington, I was there. And he got SHELLED. This is not his park to pitch in if memory serves (besides the one game).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)

However, I will say that the last time Jon was on the bump in Arlington, I was there. And he got SHELLED. This is not his park to pitch in if memory serves (besides the one game).

Jon needs to stop looking for velocity and letting his sinker work. He also needs to start to throw strikes. When he gets ahead and pitches inside he is 2005 Jon. When he gets into hitters counts, and throws that 4 seam meatball he is not even Judy, He is Felix Diaz.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)

garland3.jpg

Your memory is correct...almost a 2.0 WHIP, and just overall suckiness...lets hope it changes!!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Uribe, SS; Anderson, CF. Garland pitching.

:cheers

Is this Jon's first chance to pitch with our actual starting lineup this year?

QUOTE(Damen @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Is this Jon's first chance to pitch with our actual starting lineup this year?

It is.

Still, I am afraid that if I watch tonight's game, my blood pressure will reach dangerous levels. The last few times I watched Garland pitch, I had to invent curse words as the usual ones were getting over used.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
Garland needs to start earning his paycheck. If he gets bombed tonight, I can't wait to see the excuses.

that makes two of us, excuses like "the box score doesn't tell the whole story" :headshake