Naver on AJ

Heads22

What's the last one referring to? It looks like it is Dimitri Young or something. Is he predicting something?

Is he saying AJ is going to screw with Detroit?

I like where it shows AJ getting traded for Nathan, Liriano, and Bonser. Hee. This is funny s***.

Edited by iamshack

From Some Dude on WSI:

I had a Korean friend translate, and the pictures do a pretty good job of describing what is written. The story is titled something about AJ being a "gangster", and it begins with him as a Twin as a fairly likeable guy from the "country". Then he gets traded to "the big city" to play for the Giants, and becomes a "gambler". In the scene with Tomko, apparently he is asking AJ 20 min before gametime to play catch with him, but AJ, too busy in his card game, tells him to throw the ball off the wall for a while. Then he gets traded to the White Sox, and there seems to be some reference to them not being white, i.e., pure, but rather black, i.e., well suited for a gangster. Then comes the controversial play with Anaheim, and people really start to not like him. In the scene with Barrett, AJ is saying the he likes to be in the action but doesn't like to be an instigator. Finally, he is talking trash to a Detroit hitter who tells him to watch out because people are out to get him.

I know this is rough, but that was the gist that I gathered from my friend. Keep in mind that she doesn't know about baseball, so the translation was pretty rough in spots. Basically, it's a story not too dissimilar from how the American media portrays AJ.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
From Some Dude on WSI:

I'm pretty sure that one of the panels (the one with the picture of Tomko) is about him giving $100 to anyone that hit a HR off of him in a spring training game (I believe Borchard was the only one to do it).

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 07:17 AM)
I'm pretty sure that one of the panels (the one with the picture of Tomko) is about him giving $100 to anyone that hit a HR off of him in a spring training game (I believe Borchard was the only one to do it).

Yeah, for sure. I love that one.