Keepin' that Motown Mojo = Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

Thats rough. Javy pitching great and than a bloop single that bounces over Crede....you get a clean hit by Pudge and than that bloop that fell when they thought Guillen was going to bunt and a single by Maggs that wasn't that clean (not that it was a good pitch).

I think ESPN did a nice job talking about the leg kick though and I'm sure Coop is doing what he can to help Javy with runners on so his arm can catch up.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
Gimmie a break... he had 3 soft crappy hits against him and a huge letdown by Mack in CF.... because the guy cant play Cf on the blooper... and AJ tagging Ivan instead of going to first on the force WTF

Please Javy pitched good this game... what more do you want..

AJ wouldn't have turned two. He hung an 0-2 slider to IRod, and then hung a 1-2 slider with the bases loaded. Sometimes, a guy has to nut up and make a clutch pitch. Vazquez just doesn't do that.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
They call it "peripherals." Low WHIP, high K/9, High K/BB, but it doesn't do you anygood if you give up those 5 hits in one inning. He also throws a lot of innings too.

This is reminding me of one of Jon Garland's 2004 or 2003 halves where he looked good for awhile, and then imploded in one inning.

Some Sox fan you are. :huh:

not all sarcasm goes in green

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Gimmie a break... he had 3 soft crappy hits against him and a huge letdown by Mack in CF.... because the guy cant play Cf on the blooper... and AJ tagging Ivan instead of going to first on the force WTF

We don't want more of anything. We want less hangers.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)

He pitched good ..... but you have to have a killer instinct to throw your best when you have to bear down ... instead, this is the moment Javy is most likely to hang one. It ruins all that good effort for 5 innings. Great stuff, but he is lacking something between the ears.

This was actually one of his best games, sans that inning. I realize the inning counts and this type of inning has completely hampered Javy but I really think we are about to see him turn the corner.

He's working with Coop and I got faith. He really showed good stuff and good command most of the night. Now I'm going to hope the offense can come in and bail him out.

On a sidenote, this is going on the game thread since it deals with the game.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
Please if BA was in center that Bloop is a catch.... and Mack with the piss poor throw to 3rd... gimmie a break...

So Vazquez deserves a pat on the bat for giving up 5 runs in 6 innings in a huge game for the Sox? Sorry, but I expect more from a 11 million dollar pitcher. Can we just save him to pitch against the Indians and Royals the rest of the year?

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Please if BA was in center that Bloop is a catch.... and Mack with the piss poor throw to 3rd... gimmie a break...

yep, and if Crede hit that last pitch better, he would have hit a homerun, and if Pods knew how to bunt, he would have 3 bunt hits by now, and if I had wings, I would fly.

The alternatives are allllllways so much better

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
I thought Javy had good stuff tonight. Too bad he chose that pitch. It was a bad bad

call by he or AJ or both.

But he pitched well tonight.

The pitch didn't break sharpely and it was too high in the strike zone ........ he suffered a Javy moment at the worst possible time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
I say this respectively, but Ozzie/KW got greedy when they added him. They got addicted to the thought of "the greatest rotation ever". I highly doubt they would have made the trade if they knew Garland/Contereras would re-sign.

i know. wasnt everyone saying that the reason he made the trade was in case one didnt resign, atleast we have a pitcher locked up for 3 more years? hahahaah imagine putting up with this s*** for 2 more years. also that they made the trade to put pressure on jon and contreras to resign.

mccarthy(300+)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>javy(11+ $)

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)

So AJ and Mack caused him to throw the crappy pitch also???

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I thought Javy had good stuff tonight. Too bad he chose that pitch. It was a bad bad

call by he or AJ or both.

But he pitched well tonight.

Well I will say that AJ has to stop calling that damn curveball. If Widger was behind the plate tonight there would be about a million threads about how bad he is. That being said, Vaz can't execute a pitch in a big situation..just ask the yankees.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Well I will say that AJ has to stop calling that damn curveball. If Widger was behind the plate tonight there would be about a million threads about how bad he is. That being said, Vaz can't execute a pitch in a big situation..just ask the yankees.

I don't see how AJ deserves any blame at all...