Sox v. Tigers, Gamethread: Contreras v. Rogers, 12:05

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
You're missing the point. At least those guys have contributed all season. Widger has literally been worthless in his last 10 starts or so.

Yes, I know this. And I also think that he should probably be DFA. But everyone blaming Widger for the games he starts is just foolish. Its not his fault that the rest of the team is doing badly. Its not his fault that pitchers miss their spots.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the talk about Detroit having it in their heads they can't beat the White Sox, I'm pretty sure they think they can now. Taking out Iguchi may be the Tigers defining play of the season. 2-7 against Boston, NY, and Detroit, is pretty pathetic and doesn't show me the White Sox can beat good teams.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Ozzie is simply not a very good manager; he just had very good players last year.

yea, Duque, Marte.....

The only thing he is doing that is pissing me off is playing widger.....

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
WHO CARES? This isn't Widgers fault, nor is it Ozzie's. It's been a close, good game. You can't blame people for that.

well you can blame the people who can only muster one freaking run. Or the players who let Brian Anderson become our best offensive threat in this game. Or the middle of the order which has been non existant for 99 percent of the last 2 series.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Yes, I know this. And I also think that he should probably be DFA. But everyone blaming Widger for the games he starts is just foolish. Its not his fault that the rest of the team is doing badly. Its not his fault that pitchers miss their spots.

he also calls a spiff game.....

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
I'm just thankful this string of pathetic games is happening now, and not after the trade deadline.

Eh. We'll see if managment has any balls to do something about it. I'm thinking they'll ride it out or pick something worhtless like another bullpen arm.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
You're missing the point. At least those guys have contributed all season. Widger has literally been worthless in his last 10 starts or so.

Exactly. If we lose today, we move to 9-13 with Widger in the starting lineup. Which means we are 49-23 with AJ in the starting lineup.

That's a pretty freaking big difference.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
For all the talk about Detroit having it in their heads they can't beat the White Sox, I'm pretty sure they think they can now. Taking out Iguchi may be the Tigers defining play of the season. 2-7 against Boston, NY, and Detroit, is pretty pathetic and doesn't show me the White Sox can beat good teams.

Personally, I think the Craig Monroe grand slam will be their "Joe Crede walk-off vs the Indians" moment.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
This coming from the guy with the widgenator sig. :)

By the way what did Hawk say?

Said Crede was a very good fastball hitter.

Crede then swung and missed at the next pitch, a 100 MPH fastball.

Hawk did admit to the ownage, though.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
yea, Duque, Marte.....

The only thing he is doing that is pissing me off is playing widger.....

What about starting Mack in center yesterday? Or not playing the starting lineup in 2 of 3 games agains the division leader? Or leaving in pitchers too long?

Ozzie himself has said that good players make good managers. His decisions are highly questionable, at best.