7/24 Game Thread: Twins vs. Sox

Wedge

Hey all, will be taking my grandpa to the game for his 86th birthday. He had a bad hip surgery last spring, but the Sox staff have been more than helpful in getting him and some of our family accomodated for the game. Let's hope the team can bring home a winner for the old man!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :bringit

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 08:29 AM)
Hey all, will be taking my grandpa to the game for his 86th birthday. He had a bad hip surgery last spring, but the Sox staff have been more than helpful in getting him and some of our family accomodated for the game. Let's hope the team can bring home a winner for the old man!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :bringit

I hope your Granpa has a good recovery and I hope you get to see the Sox pound Radke and the Twins.

Edited by GoSox05

Cmon Javy, we need you to step up big. I expect tomorrow's game to be something special and I've got a feeling that Mark is going to get back on track on Wednesday. This really is the make or break game for this series imo.

Edited by Rowand44

Javier Vazquez looks for his seventh straight home win as he starts for Chicago. After dropping his U.S. Cellular Field debut on April 14, the right-hander is 6-0 with a 4.76 ERA in eight starts, allowing only six homers in 51 innings.

Keep it up, Javy

:gosox3:

WHY NOT MACK? WHAT THE HELL DID WE GET HIM FOR?

It's a fair question.

Maybe some team wants to see Gload play OF? :huh

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)

We have completely misused him. Not sure why we traded for him.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
It's a fair question.

Maybe some team wants to see Gload play OF? :huh

So we can sacrifice a win to showcase a guy?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
Cmon Javy, we need you to step up big. I expect tomorrow's game to be something special and I've got a feeling that Mark is going to get back on track on Wednesday. This really is the make or break game for this series imo.

Indeed. Buehrle has owned the Twins his entire career. I feel good about Contreras tomorrow. If we win tonight, I could see us sweeping this series.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)

Maybe they wan't to up his trade value? OK, I'm lying. I have no idea why Mack isn't in RF.