Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
Let me tell you something dude, it happened because some people here just didn't believe in the power of Hulkamania brother. :D

That's because some of us aren't about Sports Entertainment, brother, some of us are about wrestling, damn it!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Did someone steal your screen name? I've seen more positive posts from you in the last minute than I have in a while. Well done :cheers

I am in the middle of moving my datacenter. The DC was supposed to be ready from construction today, however when I went over there. We are just missing electric, a ceiling, and an air conditioning unit. We move in 2 weeks. So with that on my plate, the sox are nothing to fret about.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Getting X-rays is standard procedure. It's hard to break something where he got hit. Of course, what the hell do I know. I thought I had a cramp, and it ended up being appendicitis.

The latter is a very common mistake, trust me. Happened to my uncle too.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
If he's out for any real length, think they'd bring up Fields and let him DH?

I would probably put my money on Gload, but we won't have to worry about it. Konerko will be fine, DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Getting X-rays is standard procedure. It's hard to break something where he got hit. Of course, what the hell do I know. I thought I had a cramp, and it ended up being appendicitis.

I was going to make a joke about you thinking that you were on your period, but it wasn't as funny typed as in my head.

When I was in seventh grade, parodying the Simpsons I said to a lunchlady, "Ooooh, my ovaaaaaaaries! They huuurt!" and she flipped, shouted, "HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF WHAT A WOMAN GOES THROUGH!" and cried.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
When the hell are people going to realize hindsight has always been 20/20? Hell, let's blame every fishing thing on Ozzie, if it makes people feel happy!

This is what happens when things aren't going well. Look at teams like the Royals, who can't keep a manager for more than a couple of years. Is it because the managers are really that bad? I wouldn't say so, I didn't think Tony Pena was a bad manager...it's because the team sucks, and things aren't going well.

It's a load of bullspiff, how much a manager can get praise when they're winning, and criticized when they're losing. The manager does do key things, but the PLAYERS have to perform.

I call bullspiff. It was the right move to go to Thorton, Matt just had a bad night. I bet you if he left MacDougal in there, people would have called for Matt, saying Ozzie is mismanaging this game. I gaurentee it.

When the hell are people going to realize hindsight has always been 20/20? Hell, let's blame every fishing thing on Ozzie, if it makes people feel happy!

Does this mean we now give credit to Ozzie going to Riske, or when it works do we call it luck? I agree with you, I can suggest a different move after the first one failed.