Division???

rowand's rowdies

OVER??? WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS...

We all know the quote. I don't know the exact record we have had since the all star break, but I am sure we can all agree we should have at least 3 more wins than we do since the ASB. That would have put us a mere 4.5 games back. Even now at 7.5 back we are in the race. Detroit is starting to collapse a little (like weve all said before, it isnt going to be a 5 game losing streak, itll be 4 of 7, 6 of 10, ect.). Little by little we climb back in, IM CALLING IT NOW. Min might be a bigger threat actually... Let's keep this thread as our good luck charm until we are back in 1st!!! We will call it now before the media starts it. Then we, as true WHITE SOX fans, can say we called it, not some wish wash writer who calls it when we go on a 3 game winning streak. :gosox1:

:cheers :cheers :gosox1: :gosoxretro:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game at a time...but I'd love to see us make up a couple more before we play the Tigers at the Cell on the 11th.

Anyone who followed the Sox last season knows it isn't over. Teams don't often play that hot for that long. Not that it won't happen, but its in no way over with just over 2 months left.

well im assuming we will at least take 2 out of 3 and i know I shouldnt but im almost expecting to sweep them. So than Ill judge this team with how they do vs Toronto. The Jays are a good team so if we take 2 of 3 or even sweep than ill be back on this team's bandwagon.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
well im assuming we will at least take 2 out of 3 and i know I shouldnt but im almost expecting to sweep them. So than Ill judge this team with how they do vs Toronto. The Jays are a good team so if we take 2 of 3 or even sweep than ill be back on this team's bandwagon.

That's what I call a true fan.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 04:46 AM)
That's what I call a true fan.

what that im not a blind homer and when another team has a 7 1/2 game lead and we been playing like crap I dont think atm we will over-take them. Right now we are behind the Yanks in the loss column in the wildcard race... so thinking about overtaking the Tigers takes 2nd to that.

Our pitching has to be really good and the Tigers pitching has to fall apart. I can see senario #2 happening, but I can't see senario #1 happening until next season. I'll still say we can get the wild card and have a shot to play in October and defend our crown, but we dug ourselves too big a hole with 2 months to go IMO (although Detroit going 70-35 didn't help obviously either).

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
what that im not a blind homer and when another team has a 7 1/2 game lead and we been playing like crap I dont think atm we will over-take them. Right now we are behind the Yanks in the loss column in the wildcard race... so thinking about overtaking the Tigers takes 2nd to that.

You obviously did not watch much of the past 4 games

The O's and Royals are not good teams, but the Sox did not play like crap.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Our pitching has to be really good and the Tigers pitching has to fall apart. I can see senario #2 happening, but I can't see senario #1 happening until next season. I'll still say we can get the wild card and have a shot to play in October and defend our crown, but we dug ourselves too big a hole with 2 months to go IMO (although Detroit going 70-35 didn't help obviously either).

Hopefully we're on a hot streak whenever Detroit finally hits a slump. We can get right back in it if that happens. It has to happen, damnit!

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

I gotta say, if anyone was to say we would be 20 effin games above .500 looking at second place by a large margin, doing it with our offense instead of our pitching and most of the soxtalk posters are freakin out about us just making the playoffs at the begining of the season, I would have died of laughter, went to heaven/hell, resurrected, and died again of more laughter.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:00 AM)

giving up 4, 11, 8, and 4 runs in the last 4 games isnt crap? If we werent facing a bunch of crappy pitchers we would be toast. The only good pitcher we faced we probably should of lost... against a closer who previoudly only 1 BS.

Im ecstatic that we are starting to win now... even if its against bad competition... having these 2 teams back to back couldnt of been better timing. But like I said I wont believe this team is really on the right track until I see what they do against a good team(Toronto).

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)

What games were you watching?

Pitching and defense were both terrible over the last 4 games, but at least the offense woke up again.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
What games were you watching?

Pitching and defense were both terrible over the last 4 games, but at least the offense woke up again.

Well then you can't really say the Sox are playing crap then, when at least the offense seems like it's starting to heat up again.

Jose's outing last night, although he was very shaky early, he settled down into a good rhythm, and got thru 7 innings, which was crucial for the pen. Hopefully Mark can put up a good outing today, because I like our chances versus Perez who ain't goin to be stretched out very much.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)

ALL ABOARD!!