8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
I'll be in section 542, row 5 tonight. Anyone else going can feel free to stop by and have a beer with the Sqwert.

I'll be up in the upper tank with ya Sqwert. 552 row 2 with my road grey Durham jersey on. Go Sox!!!

Lineups for tonight

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

AJ C

Crede 3B

Cintron SS

BA CF

Damon CF (good to hear the groin is on the mend)

Jeter SS

Abreu RF

ARod 3B

Giambi DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Wilson 1B

Cabrera LF

One thing I would like to say about Vasquez and his start tonight against the Yankees. . .

If you are expecting a repeat performance of 8 innings of 2 hit 1 run ball from him, you are going to be very disapointed. Javy was facing a struggling Blue Jay team that had just been through a horrendous road stretch against the likes of Oakland and the Yankees. As long as he makes it through 6 innings giving up 4 runs or less, I would qualify that as a good start for him, for these reasons:

(1) Mussina is very talented, but like Mark Buerhle, he "lives on the corners". In his last start against Baltimore, Mussina was not getting the calls, and eventually gave up 3 runs over 5 innings, a very un-Mussina like start. Given the umpiring of this series (bad for both sides), Mussina may struggle and end up leaving earlier than expected. This leads me to . . .

(2) The Yankee bullpen. The White Sox should be commended for the hurting it put on the Yankee bullpen over the past two games. Over the past two games, Farnsworth pitched 16 and 29 pitches respectively, Villone has pitched 23 and 12 respectively. Rivera has pitched 15 and 26 respectively. These guys are not well rested individuals. That leaves Joe Toree with the likes of Sidney Ponson, Scott Proctor, Mike Myers and Veras. If I was a Yankee fan, those names would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling if the game is close.

This White Sox team has proven time and time again that no lead is safe in the Cell, if Javy can keep the game within reach, I would say he is making progress and the alterations he has made to his delivery are really making a difference.

Should be a good one :cheers

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
OH MY GOD AARON ROWAND RAN INTO THE WALL

Did he survive this one?

So, according to the grounds crew, the rain was supposed to be stopping right now. It's also downpouring right now. That 7:40 start might be a bit optimistic.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Did he survive this one?

So, according to the grounds crew, the rain was supposed to be stopping right now. It's also downpouring right now. That 7:40 start might be a bit optimistic.

It was the tape in TWIB>

QUOTE(soxunited @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
One thing I would like to say about Vasquez and his start tonight against the Yankees. . .

If you are expecting a repeat performance of 8 innings of 2 hit 1 run ball from him, you are going to be very disapointed. Javy was facing a struggling Blue Jay team that had just been through a horrendous road stretch against the likes of Oakland and the Yankees. As long as he makes it through 6 innings giving up 4 runs or less, I would qualify that as a good start for him, for these reasons:

(1) Mussina is very talented, but like Mark Buerhle, he "lives on the corners". In his last start against Baltimore, Mussina was not getting the calls, and eventually gave up 3 runs over 5 innings, a very un-Mussina like start. Given the umpiring of this series (bad for both sides), Mussina may struggle and end up leaving earlier than expected. This leads me to . . .

(2) The Yankee bullpen. The White Sox should be commended for the hurting it put on the Yankee bullpen over the past two games. Over the past two games, Farnsworth pitched 16 and 29 pitches respectively, Villone has pitched 23 and 12 respectively. Rivera has pitched 15 and 26 respectively. These guys are not well rested individuals. That leaves Joe Toree with the likes of Sidney Ponson, Scott Proctor, Mike Myers and Veras. If I was a Yankee fan, those names would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling if the game is close.

This White Sox team has proven time and time again that no lead is safe in the Cell, if Javy can keep the game within reach, I would say he is making progress and the alterations he has made to his delivery are really making a difference.

Should be a good one :cheers

I agree with your assesment with the exeption of the Blue Jays remark. I don't think you should take anything away from Javy's 2 hit performance. Slump or not, Toronto is a kick ass offensive team and Javy shut them down. With that said...I'd like to see it again before I start believing his "fixed."

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
I agree with your assesment with the exeption of the Blue Jays remark. I don't think you should take anything away from Javy's 2 hit performance. Slump or not, Toronto is a kick ass offensive team and Javy shut them down. With that said...I'd like to see it again before I start believing his "fixed."

I agree, Toronto is a powerhouse offensively, but during that stretch, they were anything but. Even guys like Cory Lidle were handling them quite well. But tonight might let us know whether he has turned the corner regarding his 3 times through the lineup blues