8/14 @ 7:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Cannot overlook this series or letdown.

Indeed. This is a scary series from the standpoint that we've just come off a 5-1 record against argubly the two best teams in the AL. It would be natural for the intensity to slip a little against the Royals. I'm praying that's not the case. Anything less than 3 of 4 would be really bad.

The sox are now in the "no letdown mode" for 4 games. I think they'll be alright, good for 3 of 4 or a sweep. They are taking advantage of teams mistakes and the Royals young guys will make a few a game [errors, pitches grooved down the middle on 2-0, etc]. If the sox losing stretch around the break taught them anything, it's that they must show up every game from here on in, that any team could beat them if they let up. I don't expect a let down one bit.

Keep up the pitching, and the offense will come through. Go sox! :gosox2:

As everyone has already stated...3 out of 4 is a must here. I will be there Tuesday..back to back Vazquez games for me. Hopefully he pitches as well as he did versus the Yanks. The good thing is that Freddy misses the Royals..they rock him.

I'm putting my 1-5 record on the line at the park tomorrow night. YIKES. In every game I've been to this year either Widger or Vazquez has started though, so it's not my fault.

As someone said earlier, I expect the atmosphere at the game tomorrow night to be great. I know I'll be cheering early and often as usual and I expect everyone else to be doing the same. Hopefully we have better cheers than "Let's go White Sox clap-clap-clapclapclap" That cheer gets annoying.

Let's go Jon. Forget about what happened against the Yanks and use the Royals to get yourself back in line.

After the intensity of this weekend's series, I hope to hell the team can keep themselves up and rolling.

This should be a sweep and an improving of our position vs. Detroit even more.

:gosox2: