Pointless Facts

beautox

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread idea!

At age 47, the Rolling Stones' bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother's blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill's 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
Right-handed people live an average of 9 yrs longer than left-handed people.

Damn I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. Does anyone have any idea why this is the case. This is from a concerned lefty :)

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
It's definitely not a fact.

I found this study when I googled it. First thing that came up:

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- There is little difference in the longevity of left- and right-handers up until age 65, and right-handers live only about one year longer than left-handers from age 65 on, a University at Buffalo geographer has found.

The findings of Peter Rogerson, professor and chair of geography at UB, differ strikingly from those of earlier studies that estimated that right-handers live up to nine years longer than left-handers.

1) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

2) If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

3) It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

And I'll bet you that EVERYONE who reads this will try it just once to see if they can.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
1) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

I believe Mythbusters found this to be false.

A giraffe's neck has the same number of vertebrea as a human's neck: 6 (I think)

Edited by G&T