AND THIS BALL GAME IS OVA!!!

greasywheels121

Geez, it takes about 5 minutes for a White Sox loser thread to get to about 10 pages. Where the hell is everybody? This was the biggest win of the season. We could not get swept by these clowns again. Gutsy performance by Mark Buehrle today. And who was that guy out there for the Sox today? The white dude who wears #22? I didn't recognize him at all.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Geez, it takes about 5 minutes for a White Sox loser thread to get to about 10 pages. Where the hell is everybody? This was the biggest win of the season. We could not get swept by these clowns again. Gutsy performance by Mark Buehrle today. And who was that guy out there for the Sox today? The white dude who wears #22? I didn't recognize him at all.

Sorry, had to drive fiance in to work.

Welcome back Mark. We've missed you. Don't ever leave again.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
If buehrle gets back on track, it makes us THAT much more dangerous.

We need ya buddy.

If we could get 3 starters to go out there and give us a good chance of winning, we will be in very good shape, IMO. So far we only have Garland. Buehrle is still up in the air.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)

Well, for me personally (and you know I'm more optimist than pessimist), last night took a lot out of my collective 'sails'. Jermaine's homer was probably highest emotional moment of the year, and to see them end up losing the game was really a huge downer.

Great win today, Buehrle with a big outing. Nice to see Pods finally look like a baseball player. But the Twins took the two one run games, and more importantly, they leave Chicago with the WildCard lead. Looking at the big picture, it's dissappointing to lose two of three to Minny.

But I'll digress, and say that the Sox can't lose more than two games this week. Kazmir out for TB, Sweeney out for KC, there are no excuses for not winning both of these series'.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Well, for me personally (and you know I'm more optimist than pessimist), last night took a lot out of my collective 'sails'. Jermaine's homer was probably highest emotional moment of the year, and to see them end up losing the game was really a huge downer.

Great win today, Buehrle with a big outing. Nice to see Pods finally look like a baseball player. But the Twins took the two one run games, and more importantly, they leave Chicago with the WildCard lead. Looking at the big picture, it's dissappointing to lose two of three to Minny.

But I'll digress, and say that the Sox can't lose more than two games this week. Kazmir out for TB, Sweeney out for KC, there are no excuses for not winning both of these series'.

Sox really need to take 5 of these 6. The Tigers have 3 with the Yanks and 3 with the Angels. The Twins 3 with KC and 3 with the Yanks. Need to pick up 2 on the Tigers and 1 on the Twins.

Great (unexpected) performances by both Mark and Pods. I think Pods' throw from LF to get the out at 2nd was a huge momentum-turning moment, and not just for this game.

It just looked like everything was starting to click, and that the team really came out to play today.

Edited by StrangeSox

There aren't many things that the Sox NEED. Not one of our hitters is so essential that someone else can't pick up the slack.

But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this team NEEDS Mark Buehrle down the stretch and into the postseason, if we are to have any hope of winning another WS.

Great game, Mark. Well played all around. Now rest, if you remember how, and get after it again on Tuesday. :gosox1:

Also, J4l, I wouldn't read too much into the length of the winner thread. A winner thread last night would have been much longer. Late & tight games always get the biggest reaction. Plus, it's usually quiet here on Sunday nights, tomorrow is an off-day, etc.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
We have Tampa and KC coming up next.... if we dont go 5-1 we might have a problem... Id like to see this team start to make a run though and there are no 2 better teams to do it against.

It's going to be hard for this team to go on a sustained winning streak not facing NL teams because of the rotation. Huge game today by Mark, we need that from here on out from him. Like Jackie Hayes said, this team needs Mark Buehrle.

I would love to get at least 5 this week but anything less than 4 is unacceptable.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
There aren't many things that the Sox NEED. Not one of our hitters is so essential that someone else can't pick up the slack.

But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this team NEEDS Mark Buehrle down the stretch and into the postseason, if we are to have any hope of winning another WS.

Great game, Mark. Well played all around. Now rest, if you remember how, and get after it again on Tuesday. :gosox1:

Also, J4l, I wouldn't read too much into the length of the winner thread. A winner thread last night would have been much longer. Late & tight games always get the biggest reaction. Plus, it's usually quiet here on Sunday nights, tomorrow is an off-day, etc.

This is true about Sunday, Jackie. However, I've noticed over the last couple weeks that a White Sox loser thread fills up much, much quicker than a White Sox winner thread. Anyway, it's not that big a deal.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
This is true about Sunday, Jackie. However, I've noticed over the last couple weeks that a White Sox loser thread fills up much, much quicker than a White Sox winner thread. Anyway, it's not that big a deal.

There's a lot more "debating" back and forth during the loser threads.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Geez, it takes about 5 minutes for a White Sox loser thread to get to about 10 pages. Where the hell is everybody?

I had to get groceres which led to me being accosted by a bum who wanted to take my groceries. Luckily I got him to settle for 75 cents.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)

My excuse is I was actually at the game.

Great game. Buerhle pitched well, and shockingly when we have our entire starting lineup out there outside of Gload at 1st, we seem to win. Its time to end the Mack/Anderson platoon. There is no reason for it. Mack is a utlity guy/pinch hitter. He is not a starting CF. Anderson had some nice ABs today.

If Vaz or Contreras falter early in there next start, we need to quickly insert bmac and get him up to about 70-80 pitches. Then insert him into the rotation for x pitcher. Either contreras is hurting more than he is letting on or whatever. If he bombs again, put him on the DL, then get him healthy for the playoffs.

On September 1 we need to call up Tracey. This will allow him to take bmacs place as the long guy in the pen and allow bmac to start.

If Buerhle gets his head on straight and pitches more like this, Garland and bmac we can still win this. 3 out of 5 starters pitching well is better than only 1 or 2 out of them.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)

I don't know if we necessarily need Buehrle, but we do need at least one other pitcher to give us solid starts for the rest of the season. I don't think that's Garcia (unless those side sessions actually get his velocity back up) or Vazquez, and Contreras looks terrible, so it does look as if Buehrle is our best bet right now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
My excuse is I was actually at the game.

Great game. Buerhle pitched well, and shockingly when we have our entire starting lineup out there outside of Gload at 1st, we seem to win. Its time to end the Mack/Anderson platoon. There is no reason for it. Mack is a utlity guy/pinch hitter. He is not a starting CF. Anderson had some nice ABs today.

If Vaz or Contreras falter early in there next start, we need to quickly insert bmac and get him up to about 70-80 pitches. Then insert him into the rotation for x pitcher. Either contreras is hurting more than he is letting on or whatever. If he bombs again, put him on the DL, then get him healthy for the playoffs.

On September 1 we need to call up Tracey. This will allow him to take bmacs place as the long guy in the pen and allow bmac to start.

If Buerhle gets his head on straight and pitches more like this, Garland and bmac we can still win this. 3 out of 5 starters pitching well is better than only 1 or 2 out of them.

Ozzie is not going to start McCarthy. He repeated that today:

A little time off: Brandon McCarthy probably will be unavailable until Wednesday against Tampa Bay, with Guillen wanting to avoid using him even on Tuesday after his masterful 63-pitch effort in relief on Saturday.

But when McCarthy returns to action, he will continue to work out of the bullpen and not move into a six-man rotation.

"Not right now," said Guillen of making McCarthy a starter. "If we are going to replace someone, we are not going to do it in August or September. We are going to do it earlier.

"I think not because McCarthy throws the ball the way he did yesterday that means ... McCarthy will get his starts. He will be in the starting rotation. When? I don't know. Maybe next year."