2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't....Hafner is younger and far more likely to stay healthy for the next couple seasons while Thome's production is gonna continue to decrease and decrease (plus he's gonna continue to get more and more banged up).

Hafner is already 30, and what's his excuse for his big drop in numbers this season?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 12, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Hafner is already 30, and what's his excuse for his big drop in numbers this season?

what was Frank's excuse for 1998, when he was, coincidentally, 30? or 1999? Throughout it all, he's putting up an .850 OPS.

Players are never allowed to have down years it would seem.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1468723:date=Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:06 PM:name=santo=dorf)-->
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
<!--quotec-->Hafner: .262 .396 .453 .849

Thome: .269 .430 .522 .952

<!--quoteo(post=1470973:date=Jul 11, 2007 -> 06:47 PM:name=Brian)-->

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
<!--quotec-->Travis Hafner signs a 4 year extension worth about 57 million.

Yep. I'll take Thome for half the price.

Hafner led the AL in OPS+ for the past three years.

Indians designated RHP Fernando Cabrera for assignment.

The Indians completely stopped trusting Cabrera after he followed up an exceptional April with an awful May. He had pitched just 10 times in two months and twice since the All-Star break. The Indians might get a little something for him in a trade.

We should jump all over claiming this guy off waivers. I would think Tampa Bay wont let him get to us... but I am all for giving a 25 year with a mid 90's fastball a look.

Bring back the magic Coop.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Jair Jurrjens is starting for the Tigers tomorrow against Cleveland on ESPN. He's got a ton of talent.

I'll be watching intently.

Nothing the White Sox need more than yet another talented pitching prospect to emerge out of Detroit.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
I'll be watching intently.

Nothing the White Sox need more than yet another talented pitching prospect to emerge out of Detroit.

I don't know about you but I thought that Jurrjens looked pretty dang good. His poise and the location and speed of his fastball were all impressive...and he's only 21 years old. I guess he's going to be starting another start with Detroit (next week (again) against Cleveland) as Miller struggled some in his first rehab start with Toledo.

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
The Tigers have reportedly decided to designate Craig Monroe for assignment to make room for Cameron Maybin

That they're jettisoning Monroe suggests the Tigers believe Maybin will play a significant role through the end of the season.

I knew my avatar would make sense sooner rather than later. :)

If you had asked me a week ago, "Who will make it to the Majors first, Cameron Maybin or Jay Bruce?"

Never in a million years would I have said Maybin.

2006-09-06-maybin-large.jpg

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
Who is going to play CF next year for the Twins? Am I missing an up-and-coming prospect in their system? They're going to have a helluva time replacing the 120 OPS+ that Hunter has given them the past two seasons...

I hope its Tyner.