2007 White Sox Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

Yeah, I am pretty sure the Sox have owned the Cubs...

Also, I really don't like Sean Casey. He seems like an a-hole to me. He's probably nice, but I don't like him. Probably because he's on the tigs now.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 17, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
Also, I really don't like Sean Casey. He seems like an a-hole to me. He's probably nice, but I don't like him. Probably because he's on the tigs now.

What the f***?! :lolhitting :lolhitting

Why does everybody say the wind will be blowing in for Sunday's game?

Is Mother Nature that predictable?

What if it's swirling to right or blowing out?

How do we KNOW it's gonna blow in???

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 20, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)

Skilling's forecast was for winds from the NE which is straight in at the Urinal. I live by the lake a couple miles south of Wrigley and can tell you right now the wind is definitely off the lake and its pretty cold. Those coming to the game from the suburbs should bring a coat. Its probably a lot colder here than away from the lake.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 20, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)

The wind at Wrigley is the polar opposite of The Cell. About 95 percent of the time it's either a true in wind (on cooler days where the wind is off the lake like today) or true out (on warmer days like yesterday). They almost never get the swirling affect, just occsionally the wind will shift from true out to true in or vice versa if a front comes through.

These pre recorded, one on one interviews on Comcast are so poorly edited. Gail Fisher was interviewing Cotts and one song was playing in the park when Cotts was on and another song was on when Gail was on with her audio.

Thanks for the wind explanation.

I would think if wind information is available at Wrigley it'd help the Vegas gamblers, though

today there were a lot of runs scored with the wind blowing in.

LOL. Here's a Hawk quote from Teddy Greenstein's column in today's trib:

Said Harrelson: "I've been in this game for 48 years and I've just seen two things I'd never seen before-in one inning."

Reminds me of G&T's sig.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 21, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
Has there been any mention of Buehrle basically ripping AJ?

Cowley is on right now, saying that this is just Buerhle busting AJ's balls right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
Cowley is on right now, saying that this is just Buerhle busting AJ's balls right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's exactly how I imagined it when envisioning Buerhle actually saying it, considering his demeanor, but you never know when it's in print.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ May 21, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
What did he say?

He said a lot. Maybe it wasn't all in jest...

Pitcher Mark Buehrle said Pierzynski's remarks to North showed little respect to backup catcher Toby Hall.

"I think it is disrespecting Toby," Buehrle said before Sunday's game. "It's kind of saying: 'You can't do your job.' I don't see where he has to be in there just because it's a big rivalry. That doesn't matter. He needs a day off. Whether it's against the Cubs or anyone else, he needs a day off."

Buehrle was not surprised that Pierzynski was putting himself ahead of his team with his public griping, putting Guillen in a tough spot.

"It's just A.J.," Buehrle said. "Everything I keep hearing is 'Oh, A.J. is not in the lineup. He's a big part of this team and with the big rivalry, and with him being such a part of it because Cubs fans don't like him … ' We don't look at it that way. And I'm sure Cubs fans don't care if he plays.

"He can't play every game. Yeah, it's a big series, but that's why we signed Toby—to play against [selected left-handers]."

Buehrle believes Pierzynski enjoys playing the role of the villain at Wrigley Field because he craves the attention.

"I think some of the stuff he does during the course of the season he could not do, to kind of clear his name up a little," Buehrle said. "He likes to be that [villain]. He likes to see his name in the paper.

"He likes to, well, not to be in the middle of controversy—I don't think he purposely tries to cause some of it—but he just speaks his mind and pretty much causes controversy."

QUOTE(premo @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned anythign about this, but with all the concern about the hitting, in 2005, I don't think any of our starters batted over .300 for the season.

and the Sox scored the 9th most runs in the AL; that's worse than mediocre

They were tied for the best ERA in the AL and had the best ERA+ as a staff at 123; those will both help greatly.

QUOTE(premo @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned anythign about this, but with all the concern about the hitting, in 2005, I don't think any of our starters batted over .300 for the season.

We also never had a teamwide slump that was 1/100th like the one we suffered from opening day until Saturday.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 22, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
and the Sox scored the 9th most runs in the AL; that's worse than mediocre

We were 14th entering tonight. As we start to hit better, then you can resume the 2005 comparisons.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 23, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
Any word on Uribe and his mom?

I heard on the Postgame show that Uribe was at the game and was available to play.

I didn't, however, hear them mention anything about his mother's condition.