White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
So you call it just bad Karma, that our lefties get mowed down by a Loogy while right handed batters on the bench say high.

i don't think a pinch hit would have one the game for us today, but if you're talkin about that first and third situation, you gotta believe that a veteran like erstad can come through with at least a sac fly. i'm slowly starting to not believe it though

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we just had a competent decision maker running the club. No matter how you look at it, Ozzie cost us a lot of games last year, and has already blown atleast one this year. When is he going to learn? I wasn't able to see the game today so my comments really are more towards the A's game he blew.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
We are an aging team offensively, station to station offense is back, lift and pull mentailty has returned, and it won't result in many good things against pitchers that are smart and learn quickly how to pitch against this team.

Notice how many opposite field hits and outs the Indians had today? Not only Garko, but other hitters made Dye run around and make some difficult catches.

It's as if they're hitting coaches realized that our pitchers were sitting on the outside corner, and it only made sense to take advantage of Slow-Man Dye and his amazing ability to make the OF grass appear as quicksand. Just as simple as going with the pitch.

Their pitching coach obviously has been paying attention as well. Paul Byrd lives low and away. No one adjusted, and those who did made popup after popup.

We REALLY need a Ryan GArko in this organization.

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
i don't think a pinch hit would have one the game for us today, but if you're talkin about that first and third situation, you gotta believe that a veteran like erstad can come through with at least a sac fly. i'm slowly starting to not believe it though

We had a control pitcher, throwing low and away. You will have a hell of a time gettin around on a low and away pitch, getting under it and lifting it for a homer to the pull side. To attack this is how the Indians hit today, how the Royals with Mike Sweeney hit Buerhle. You let the ball get deep into the zone and drive it to right center. Its about line drives. Hell we made a pitcher throwing 85 mph fastballs look like Johan today. Sad. I would like to see someone show a line drive approach when we have men on and 1 out. They were supposed to work on situational hitting, and I havent seen anything yet.

QUOTE(Hawkfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)

That is such bulls***. Do you think it would have put the team in a better position to win? Would Pablo Ozuna have given the Sox a better chance of scoring than Darin (1-20) Erstad?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Notice how many opposite field hits and outs the Indians had today? Not only Garko, but other hitters made Dye run around and make some difficult catches.

It's as if they're hitting coaches realized that our pitchers were sitting on the outside corner, and it only made sense to take advantage of Slow-Man Dye and his amazing ability to make the OF grass appear as quicksand. Just as simple as going with the pitch.

Their pitching coach obviously has been paying attention as well. Paul Byrd lives low and away. No one adjusted, and those who did made popup after popup.

We REALLY need a Ryan GArko in this organization.

No one on this team EVER seems to adjust. I'm with Frankensteiner on this...it's time Walker pull his thumb out of his ass and actually do something with these guys. I know he can only do so much...but COACH these guys during games...reaffirm the pitchers tendencies and make suggestions. How many times do we have to see it...say it...bemoan it...these guys are most effective when going to the opposite field instead of friggin trying to pull everything. An ozzie...quit bein' so damn stubborn and just move Gooch back into the 2 hole.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Ozzie won a ring. Remember that folks before you criticize any move he made or didn't make today.

And dont forget that each and every swing the players take are directly influenced by the manager.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
From looking at the stat's in flash's post. Makes me sick, we had Bmac.

Danks and Masset>BMAC

we won that deal hands down.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
He is our best defensive CF'er

I'm disagreeing with this especially after his loafing in the right center field gap today. He's just slow and apparently prone to boneheaded mistakes on the filp side, his reads have been damn good but his closing speed is just so mediocre.

Time to move Iguchi back to the two hole.

Now.

Erstad is really really over the hill. Does anybody actually envision him hitting

.240 this year?

You are right. We are a station to station team and are going nowhere unless

the weather heats up soon and we start knocking the ball out of the park.

We are a home run hitting team, nothing else.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 14, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
Tell me, at any point in the thread did a single Cleveland Indians fan wish one of their players were simliar to ours?

Such as, "damn, that Jermaine Dye is a great hitter. Wish we had one." Or "where's our Joe Crede?"

This entire season, if I were to read through the fan forums of every team faced, I guarantee someone has said something such as that on only two occasions -- Danks and Aardsma.

It may not mean much to many of you, but I look it as a team declining quickly and otherwise comprised of fair to decent talent. Nothing really to build a time around; more complimentary parts. These next few years may not be too pretty within the division.

Indians fan here, I personally would LOVE for the Indians to have several Sox players - Crede, Buehrle, and especially Jenks. :)

Also I know I don't know the Sox as well as you all do, but I don't get the impression your team is "declining". Our own radio announcer commented how we were lucky the Sox bats hadn't heated up yet. Plus you guys have solid starting pitching and a dynamite closer (Borowski scares me). Should be a very interesting 4 team race this season. :cheers

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
You seemed to think that the improvement in pitching was due to Ozzie yelling at them.

Personally, I'm not willing to rule it out. It's Ozzie's job to get these guys to focus on their jobs, shut out all other things, and act like they have some actual balls. For most of Spring Training, it seemed like they didn't do that. Then Ozzie started screaming, and suddenly things changed. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it sure as Hell didn't hurt.

Now we just need Ozzie to start taking a few bats to some of our hitters.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Personally, I'm not willing to rule it out. It's Ozzie's job to get these guys to focus on their jobs, shut out all other things, and act like they have some actual balls. For most of Spring Training, it seemed like they didn't do that. Then Ozzie started screaming, and suddenly things changed. Correlation doesn't equal causation, but it sure as Hell didn't hurt.

Now we just need Ozzie to start taking a few bats to some of our hitters.

Managers can definitely have an affect.

I just think that RR was being a bit hypocritical by giving Ozzie all or most of the credit for turning the staff around (after two games) but saying the lack of hitting is all on the players and that the managers can't do squat.

Don't we all think it's a bit early to be slitting our wrists over the Sox?

It's been two weeks. The pitching looks excellent, which is what we're built around. I think we should just be patient.

If we're still at this point at the ASB, then I'd be worried. Right now I'm not.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
Don't we all think it's a bit early to be slitting our wrists over the Sox?

It's been two weeks. The pitching looks excellent, which is what we're built around. I think we should just be patient.

If we're still at this point at the ASB, then I'd be worried. Right now I'm not.

Being two games out at the break wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.