AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

danman31

Danks pitched very well. Uribe owes him a steak and an apology after he messed up that flyball. His ERA would of been 3.38 instead of north of 5.

The left side of our defense needs to get their heads out of their asses.

Nice job by the pen. Nice job getting enough runs to win.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
Danks pitched very well. Uribe owes him a steak and an apology after he messed up that flyball. His ERA would of been 3.38 instead of north of 5.

His ERA is still less than half of McCarthy's :P

Great Win!!!! :cheers

Great win, we scored some runs not using the long ball and came back after what could of been a crushing blow. Won 3 in a row now and finally over that .500 mark. Who knows, maybe it was Buehrle's no hitter that we needed to get over the hump.

Also im very impressed by Danks so far this season, historically he has always improved as the season goes on(poor first half dominating 2nd) so no reason not to expect that to be true in the majors.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
This game was a steal. We deserved to lose, and somehow pulled it out of our ass. It might be our year afterall...

We already blew three games, we needed to steal one. If we can beat the 1.80 ERA of Robertson tomm, I might start thinking its our year

Simply amazing what a good bullpen can do.

Erstad good.....couple of bleeders.

The steal attempt was stupid Seay threw over there 5 times. Thome trying to score was idiodic the play was in front of him.

4 through 7 were sad and looked pretty sick.

Pitching is everything. Too bad we couldn't have only give up a run and saved the pen. McDougal, Jenks Thorton all pitched two days in a row (two of themn only to one batter though).

Hopeful we can hit a guy with a 1.8 ERA and has dominated in the past.

Line-up should be interesting.

Erstad, eh... he did get the job done, but it wasnt pretty. Mack is starting to heat up with the stick. Iguchi, well is Iguchi. Thome is really heating up, and PK, IMO, is starting too come around, and any day now we can expect him to break out.

Dye is so-so right now, but has looked better of late. Pierzynski has also looked good, but Crede still looks pitiful. Uribe, well, I dont know. He's not good, but he's not that bad, he has come through with some good hits.

When will Danks get some support? I am really starting to think this is some sort of Rookie Hazing. But, the bullpen has been great so far, and Aardsma is a beast.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
I'm very impressed with Danks. He really has gotten some bad luck over these past few games. I like that he is under heavy influence from Mark. He has the stuff to be a good one.

Aardsma, Massett what can I say. These guys have been studs! Aardsma is just sick!!

me too on Danks. The guy could very easily be 3-0 right now. I've been very impressed with him...doesn't even get rattled. I love it. If I was a Ranger fan....goddamn I'd be pissed.

I have to say that while 8-7 isn't exactly an ideal start, when you consider that our offense has been complete s***, and we have had a pretty difficult schedule to start off, I am pleased thus far with our performance.

I said at the beginning of the year that I believed this whole season was going to ride on the 1 through 4 starters getting their s*** together. So far, they have done pretty good and the bullpen has been outstanding. Figuring that the offense has to get better, if our pitching keeps this up, its going to be a fun year.

Still early though. Lets keep it going dammit!

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 11:52 PM)
I have to say that while 8-7 isn't exactly an ideal start, when you consider that our offense has been complete s***, and we have had a pretty difficult schedule to start off, I am pleased thus far with our performance.

I said at the beginning of the year that I believed this whole season was going to ride on the 1 through 4 starters getting their s*** together. So far, they have done pretty good and the bullpen has been outstanding. Figuring that the offense has to get better, if our pitching keeps this up, its going to be a fun year.

Still early though. Lets keep it going dammit!

I really think before it's all said and done that Buehrle's no-hitter will be the 'spark' that got this team going. It's gonna be fun when the offense gets going.