White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/25/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
You've watched enough baseball. Do you think he's hitting 94?

I personally don't. I'd say 90-91, which isn't a bad thing. He's finally shown that plus breaking ball tonight, and his changeup is pretty good, too.

Well the Comcast gun said 92, which is always slow. I think hes been at about 90-91 with a couple upwards of 93 by watching him with the naked eye.

Either way the kid is going to be a stud. 22 year old rookie, pitches like this, composed, against the AL champs, k-ing and not walking batters. Mercy.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:06 AM)
Dye and Thome are supposed to be back. Dye tomorrow, Thome by fri.

Dye said he's probably going to be back. During the Ozzie era, that usually equates to at least one more day off (not criticizing Ozzie at all, just his way of coaching).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Call him out for what? Did he injure half his team?

For his horrendous lineup. Andy Gonzalez/Konerko should have been DH'ing from the start you don't take one of 2 players on the roster who can play RF/CF and make him ineligible defensively. That's a f***ing joke, now you have a scrub middle infielder playing a very important defensive position in a divisional game. Fun.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
Well the Comcast gun said 92, which is always slow. I think hes been at about 90-91 with a couple upwards of 93 by watching him with the naked eye.

Either way the kid is going to be a stud. 22 year old rookie, pitches like this, composed, against the AL champs, k-ing and not walking batters. Mercy.

We just have to hope he continues to develop with command and possibly tinker with his fastball's release.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
We just have to hope he continues to develop with command and possibly tinker with his fastball's release.

There isnt much that would stand in his way by watching the kid pitch. He seems to gain control each time out. His curve has looked great tonight, his change is fooling hitters. Im encouraged.