White Sox vs. Angels, 5/5/07 (W)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 5, 2007 -> 12:42 AM)
Why? I happen to be Irish.

No, no no, I wasn't talking about you, or your Irishness (I do have a tad myself, but then again, I'm mixed with the world)

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 5, 2007 -> 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no no, I wasn't talking about you, or your Irishness (I do have a tad myself, but then again, I'm mixed with the world)

I took it that you were offended by a statement seemingly biased against Irish people :P

QUOTE(fathom @ May 4, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
Everyone who wants to see more Cintron gets their wish. Uribe is back in Chicago for the wknd with his ailing mom.

cintron is a joke at the plate. it's simply pointless. I had more confidence in royce clayton, and that's saying something.

Question: has AJ Pierzynski thrown out a single runner attempting to steal this season?

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 5, 2007 -> 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cintron is a joke at the plate. it's simply pointless. I had more confidence in royce clayton, and that's saying something.

Question: has AJ Pierzynski thrown out a single runner attempting to steal this season?

You didn't see last night's game obviously.

Posted this yesterday. The fact is this series is not set-up for us to do anything. Next week we should be ready to turn it around after hitting rock bottom. If you expect big games today or tomorrow you are going to be very disappointed.

Don't they have Escobar-Lackey and Colon going, missing Santana.

I also believe that somehow Johan Santana will pitch next week, Gardenhire always lines it up this way.

Scores for the next 3 days;

Angels 6 Sox 2 ----Escobar 7 scoreless

Angels 5 Sox 1 -----Lackey 8 innings 1 run

Angels 3 Sox 0 ----Colon 7 shutout innings ---Back end of Angels bullpen gets some work for first time in series and retires all six batters they face, 5 by strike-out.

I also think if Santana doesn't pitch, the Sox sweep the Twins in the dome next week.

FWIW

I honestly don't want to watch today. Too much of a chance that the game puts me in a bad mood, and I'm taking Mrs. Balance out to dinner for her birthday tonight. I can't be grumpy for that.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
Scores for the next 3 days;

Angels 6 Sox 2 ----Escobar 7 scoreless

Angels 5 Sox 1 -----Lackey 8 innings 1 run

Angels 3 Sox 0 ----Colon 7 shutout innings ---Back end of Angels bullpen gets some work for first time in series and retires all six batters they face, 5 by strike-out.

I also think if Santana doesn't pitch, the Sox sweep the Twins in the dome next week.

FWIW

... And then in the ultimate insult, we get swept by the Cubs.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 5, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
... And then in the ultimate insult, we get swept by the Cubs.

They'd demolish us right now. Their hitting is putting up big numbers quickly lately.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
Posted this yesterday. The fact is this series is not set-up for us to do anything. Next week we should be ready to turn it around after hitting rock bottom. If you expect big games today or tomorrow you are going to be very disappointed.

Every series will be set up for the White Sox not to do anything.

Maybe the Royals will provide a glimmer of hope and pad several players' statistics to make it less embarrassing for fans.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 5, 2007 -> 12:45 AM)
In honor of the 5th of May, we will lose 5-0.

Not only that, we will only have 5 hits. All singles, bloop hits. In 5 separate innings. Razor Shines will serve no purpose today.