That's a White Sox winner !!!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:46 PM)
That was probably the worst win I've ever watched. I don't think I've ever watched such a dismal game.

That said, kudos to Garland, Thorton and Jenks for shutting down KC. And a win is a win, so no complaining tonight.

well we all know how the sox look when they face lhp. a wins a win! :gosox3:

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 11, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
well we all know how the sox look when they face lhp. a wins a win! :gosox3:

Team ERA down to 3.69, good for 4th in the AL.

2005=3.61

Scoring 3.91 runs per game in 2007 (13th in AL)

Scored 4.57 runs per game in 2005 (9th in AL)

I could probably hold our offense to 4 runs over 7 innings if I threw lefty (and we get another one Sunday, Javy better toss a shutout) but they all count. Elarton has been ok against us in his career, so hopefully we bring the bats for once tomorrow (I'd assume he'll be rusty, first start all year).

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
:drink :drink :gosox3: :gosox3: The pitching has been unbelievable. Keep it going tomorrow Mark!!! I'd rather win pitchers duals, than slugfests!! :cheers :cheers :gosox3:

Pretty amazing Sizemore is only .252/5/15. Can't imagine that line-up being much more dangerous. Garko just homered to tie it out in Oakland, 1-1 in the top of the 6th.

Blanton and Sabathia locked in another pitcher's duel, as would be expected.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)
I could probably hold our offense to 4 runs over 7 innings if I threw lefty (and we get another one Sunday, Javy better toss a shutout) but they all count. Elarton has been ok against us in his career, so hopefully we bring the bats for once tomorrow (I'd assume he'll be rusty, first start all year).

De La Rosa has been the second best starter after Meche, but he was really roughed up this week and Greinke went to the pen.

Amazing the Royals managed to give up 17 runs to a weak-hitting A's team yesterday.

But a win's a win.

Edited by caulfield12

God, does anyone remember what D.J. said during his Lo-Jack Caught Stealing moment? He said something to the extent of, "If you're going to steal a car, just steal it." I know I am wrong but it was just so funny. I though Hawk was going to rip into him for sure but there was just silence.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
God, does anyone remember what D.J. said during his Lo-Jack Caught Stealing moment? He said something to the extent of, "If you're going to steal a car, just steal it." I know I am wrong but it was just so funny. I though Hawk was going to rip into him for sure but there was just silence.

DJ is a great man.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 11, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
does anyone know EXACTLY what D.J. said?

He was doing a plug for the Lo-Jack "Caught Stealing" spot while a sox runner was on first base. Then he said something along the lines of "let's hope it (caught stealing) doesn't happen here. If he is going to try to steal, just let him steal the vehicle." Something like that.

• Great pitching again
  • Terrero still sucks, and if he was playing correctly in the 9th
  • Offense still sucked, but came through when needed, I guess
  • Hopefully we will see Sweeney and only Sweeney for the next couple of games in LF
  • Thornton throwing some major gas today
  • Jenks with a clutch out vs. a tough batter
  • Sad to see a team get shutdown like that against Odalas(sp?) Perez
  • DJ is awesome
For some reason, I was really tired today, and fell asleep during the first inning of the sox game. Luckily when I woke up, I was able to watch the archieved version on MLB.tv, and it was the HD feed. And it was a good game to watch.

I was there last night with my brother, a couple coworkers' and a couple friends of theirs. My brother and I sat in section 129, row 6, seats 1-2. Best freaking seats I ever had - any closer and I would have been sitting in the lap of the Royals' on-deck guy lol.

While the offense was offensive, the defense and the pitching were spectacular! I was nervous about bringing Jenks in mid inning, but he nailed it!

Overall, I had a fantastic time, but it appears the scoreboard operator (or scoreboard?) also doesn't like AJ ;) .

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 12, 2007 -> 09:43 AM)
Overall, I had a fantastic time, but it appears the scoreboard operator (or scoreboard?) also doesn't like AJ ;) .

It was Dog Day! So, no fireworks for the sake of the pooches.

Great pitching!

Meh offense!