Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
IGN has the first review of NBA 2k11: they gave it a 9.5 and called it "the best sports game of its generation". If this keeps up I'm gonna be forced to buy my first basketball game in a while.

you beat me to it, i read the IGN article and was going to say the same thing. From what i saw, the Jordan challenge is gonna be amazing, especially for us Jordan fan boys. Every game in the jordan challenge is gonna be so detailed that teams are running the exact same plays as they ran in those games in the past. Hit 6 threes in the first half vs portland and MJ will give you that signature shrug.

Is anyone here gonna pick up the game for Xbox 360?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
you beat me to it, i read the IGN article and was going to say the same thing. From what i saw, the Jordan challenge is gonna be amazing, especially for us Jordan fan boys. Every game in the jordan challenge is gonna be so detailed that teams are running the exact same plays as they ran in those games in the past. Hit 6 threes in the first half vs portland and MJ will give you that signature shrug.

Is anyone here gonna pick up the game for Xbox 360?

definitely pickin it up for 360.. gona be hard to manage play time between NHL 11, Madden 11, Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, fifa 11, and NBA2k11.. damn, sometimes i wish i was still in the Army so i could manage all that :)

Edited by flippedoutpunk

So do I buy NBA 2k11 based on the IGN review? They're the only one out there but "best of its generation" is pretty bold, hate to drop $60 then find out that IGN was being hyperbolic. Tough decision, leaning toward picking it up.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
go to the movie theatre in the platinum strip, look at the poster of the dude holding a lightsaber for the combo card.. all it is is a flash light mixed with gems from the marriage shop. have fun :headbang

Thanks! :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
So do I buy NBA 2k11 based on the IGN review? They're the only one out there but "best of its generation" is pretty bold, hate to drop $60 then find out that IGN was being hyperbolic. Tough decision, leaning toward picking it up.

get it at Kmart and get $20 gaming credit

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/default.a...mart-101003Base

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
What on Earth does this mean? Do they have all the Championship rosters? Do we get to play entire Finals' series against actual classic teams???

I need ANSWERS!

Jordan Challenge. Get to play and recreate Jordans best ten moments with real rosters.

Got Nba 2k11 at midnight. awesome game so far the Jordan Challenges are neat. The Heat are dominant of course, Lebron at PG while wade rests his tootsies is SICK. Superstars can singlehandedly dominate if you let them get in the zone.

Also, nice touch on the sounds of the game, if you have ur sound system cranked you can hear the players talk to each other i.e. Bosh left Boozer wide open and you can hear someone shout "Who's got Boozer!?"

It might be just me but im noticing a bit of the catch-up A.I. from years past.. i was up by 20 with the 96' Bulls against the Miami Thrice on all-star difficulty and then at the start of the 3rd quarter, MJ started missing all of his shots, even wide open, as D-wade made all of his shots, sometimes while contested by pippen and rodman, and LBJ was able to drive to the hoop at will even with Longley, Pippen and Rodman standing in the way. Im having trouble with one-on-one matchups, i tried ISO with MJ and Wade stuck to me like a glove no matter what move i made. When the A.I. did it, LeBron made pippen look like a high school forward and usually dunked the ball with relative ease.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
So the classic teams are available as playable rosters outside of the Jordan challenges? What classic teams are available? Can you use classic rosters in the franchise mode (or even single-season)?

heres the classic teams you can pick:

85-86 Bulls

85-86 Celtics

89-90 Bulls

89-90 Hawks

89-90 Cavs

89-90 Pistons

90-91 Bulls

90-91 Lakers

91-92 Bulls

91-92 Blazers

94-95 Bulls

94-95 Knicks

95-96 Bulls

95-96 Sonics (My fav)

96-97 Bulls

96-97 Jazz

97-98 Bulls

97-98 Jazz

You can use the classic teams in Season mode, havent tried association yet..

*Edit* Yes you can use the classic teams on Association mode as well.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
That's crazy interesting and awesome.

I wonder if you can put the players from those teams into a fantasy draft to start a new association too?

it looks like you can only do that if you have their original team in the association mode replaced with the classic version, or else they wont show up in the fantasy player pool.. i replaced the knicks and the bulls with their old school counterparts and all the players from those respective years were in the fantasy pool.