Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who care, in MLB 2K10, you can only play the AA and AAA teams in franchise mode. There are no A teams. I think it's the same the MLB 10 The Show as well. That's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with MLB 2K8 another season.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
For those who care, in MLB 2K10, you can only play the AA and AAA teams in franchise mode. There are no A teams. I think it's the same the MLB 10 The Show as well. That's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with MLB 2K8 another season.

I think I read somewhere the Show's got an unplayable Single A team for franchise mode, but I can't find it now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm f***ing psyched for Mass Effect 2. Anyone else?

Got a 9.6 on IGN yesterday for the XBOX360.

I'm more of a PC gamer, but currently my PC isn't good enough to play Mass Effect let alone Mass Effect 2.

Gonna upgrade with the new Radeon 5850 on a new PC pretty soon though.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
I think I read somewhere the Show's got an unplayable Single A team for franchise mode, but I can't find it now.

If it isn't all three playable, then I'm not interested. I'll wait until 2011 and play 2K8 again.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
If it isn't all three playable, then I'm not interested. I'll wait until 2011 and play 2K8 again.

i've never heard of anyone so adamant about such a little fact.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
I'm f***ing psyched for Mass Effect 2. Anyone else?

I played it for an hour yesterday.

It's definitely more geared towards the casual crowd this time.

I felt like I was playing a combination of Halo, Gears of War, and Mass Effect during my one hour sit down yesterday.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 07:51 AM)
Got a 9.6 on IGN yesterday for the XBOX360.

I'm more of a PC gamer, but currently my PC isn't good enough to play Mass Effect let alone Mass Effect 2.

Gonna upgrade with the new Radeon 5850 on a new PC pretty soon though.

Nice!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 05:56 AM)
I'm only in the 1-3 area right now (school started right when I started getting into it) but the game is indeed fantastic.

Soul Level 142 now, on my 3rd play through. Fully upgraded dark silver shield +5, sticky longbow +5, uchigatana +10, quality secret dagger +5, plus unlocked northern regalia, meat cleaver, blueblood sword, lava bow, large sword of searching, morion blade, needle of eternal agony, still have a few weapons left to upgrade... dozer axe, insanity catalyst, and scraping spear

game has so much replay value it's ridiculous, it's the only PS3 game I've bought besides GT5 Prologue, and I've gotten my $60 worth and more that's for sure

QUOTE (SnB @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
i've never heard of anyone so adamant about such a little fact.

I want to be able to play AAA, AA and A+, that's 90 teams. Not really a little fact. If I can't do that, then there's no point for me. That's why I kept playing MVP 2005 for three years up until 2008.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
I want to be able to play AAA, AA and A+, that's 90 teams. Not really a little fact. If I can't do that, then there's no point for me. That's why I kept playing MVP 2005 for three years up until 2008.

The minors in MVP baseball stunk though because the player progression was horrible in that game. Even so, if they have AAA and AA that is where most of the top prospects will be anyways.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
The minors in MVP baseball stunk though because the player progression was horrible in that game. Even so, if they have AAA and AA that is where most of the top prospects will be anyways.

I have two seasons worth of time invested in 2K8 with a White Sox franchise and the minor league teams. It also saves me the time of starting over as all I have to do is add the players the White Sox have added at the major and minor league level. I play that franchise at all four levels.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 23, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)

I remember not caring a lot about the minor league teams in MLB games until I played The Show last year, and got some downloadable rosters online. But once the prospects are named, it's really fun playing as minor league teams.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I remember not caring a lot about the minor league teams in MLB games until I played The Show last year, and got some downloadable rosters online. But once the prospects are named, it's really fun playing as minor league teams.

I know, that's why it's important to me. I'm one of those people who take the time to create the most realistic minor league rosters possible. MLB 2K8 gives the user a lot of customizing options. With all the generic minor league players in that game, you can find a face that's similar to most any player.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 24, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
I know, that's why it's important to me. I'm one of those people who take the time to create the most realistic minor league rosters possible. MLB 2K8 gives the user a lot of customizing options. With all the generic minor league players in that game, you can find a face that's similar to most any player.

Well, if you ever pick up a The Show game, check out Knight's (from Operation Sports) rosters.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...oster-09-a.html

I remember one game in AAA where Brett Wallace and Dayan Viciedo had a slug fest. And having Beckham to take over for Fields was nice.

I played Uncharted 2 a bit and I must say, as far as graphics and story go, this game is absolutely stunning. The gameplay is awesome as well, but my only complaint is how difficult it can be to navigate and/or figure out what the hell to do sometimes. I've found myself walking around for minutes on end not having the slightest clue of how or what to do.

I'm really liking my PS3 so far. I loved my 360, but the Blu Ray/free online capabilities/WiFi makes it a fantastic piece of equipment. I own 3 games: Uncharted 2, NHL 10, and Gran Turismo 5 and it's pretty badass. Takes a while to get used to the controller having played 360 for so long, but getting there.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 25, 2010 -> 05:12 AM)
I played Uncharted 2 a bit and I must say, as far as graphics and story go, this game is absolutely stunning. The gameplay is awesome as well, but my only complaint is how difficult it can be to navigate and/or figure out what the hell to do sometimes. I've found myself walking around for minutes on end not having the slightest clue of how or what to do.

I'm really liking my PS3 so far. I loved my 360, but the Blu Ray/free online capabilities/WiFi makes it a fantastic piece of equipment. I own 3 games: Uncharted 2, NHL 10, and Gran Turismo 5 and it's pretty badass. Takes a while to get used to the controller having played 360 for so long, but getting there.

We'll have to play some NHL. I'm glad you are enjoying your purchase.

Edited by Steve9347