White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

dagotony06

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
yeah it is. Its totally based off today. theres no way you thoought that when he was cruising most of the year.

Uh, not it isn't.

I've been advocating a trade of Jenks for several months.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
Jerry Owens and Gustavo Molina are two of the worst players I've ever seen on the Sox big league roster. Like I said at the time, KW and Ozzie might be the only people who think Owens should have ever been called up.

Fathom, considering that they want Sweeney down there to work on his swing, etc, and Anderson is in EVERYONE's doghouse, who the hell else do you want them to call up? Owens is up here by necessity right now.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
yeah it is. Its totally based off today. theres no way you thoought that when he was cruising most of the year.

ALtough you might be right. Not so much to trade him, but to be prepared for when he falls.

Actually there's a growing contingent of people who have been in favor of dealing Jenks for at least a year now.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tommorrow is going to be a fun day of golfing. :cheers

Tomorrow is going to be a long day of Cubs/Sox crap, when in the end, if the Cubs don't sweep or win 2 out of 3 against us, that's terrible. Any team can take a series from us right now.

Hawk's end call will sound something like "Jon just pitched brilliant, but a mistake in the field and another bad outing for the bullpen, the Marlins take the rubber-match 5-3, and we'll be back."

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
Fathom, considering that they want Sweeney down there to work on his swing, etc, and Anderson is in EVERYONE's doghouse, who the hell else do you want them to call up? Owens is up here by necessity right now.

AARON CUNNING... Oh wait. Nevermind.

I am not going to make any proposals other than we need a relief corp. Nothing goes right does it? Ozzie brings in Jenks in the 9th , as some have criitcized him for not doing before when others failed, and Jenks blows it too. The whole thing blows.

Edited by elrockinMT

Oh yes let the trading talks begin... after the Cubs series, bye bye Dye. Possibly bye bye Gooch. Better not be bye bye Buerhle. And hopefully bye bye Contreras! This is just getting sickening by the day. Might as well beef up the farm system while Detroit and Cleveland are going to be in control of this division for a couple years now.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
Uh, not it isn't.

I've been advocating a trade of Jenks for quite awhile.

So have I. Big heavy guys with screws in their elbows usually don't last long. His velocity is only going to head further south. He was great when we needed him in 2005, now pawn him off on somebody and get something useful back while you still can, and before you really have to pay him for what most likely will be declining performance.

QUOTE(PoopsThompson @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)

Anyone....it's a disgrace to this organization to have someone putting up an OPS around .425 after 53 at-bats, especially as an outfielder.