Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
If he really is such an altruistic gentleman, he should never have been doing those tarp slides. He could have injured his arm, ruined his career, and jeopardized the well-being of all African Elephants.

African Elephants are in fine shape. The number of African Elephants tripled in the 6 months from Jan to June 2006.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
SWEET! Now if we can sign Mark, all we have to do is sign Ichiro :)

And Aaron Rowand!!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
African Elephants are in fine shape. The number of African Elephants tripled in the 6 months from Jan to June 2006.

Yay!!! :britishflag:

Breaking News...

Mark Buerhle reportedly has signed a 7-year / $140mm extension with the White Sox. Buerhle immediately stated that he would have accepted the original 4yr/$50mm extension originally discussed but he made the White Sox up their offer so he could donate the additional $90mm to the Save the Prairie Dog organization. "I just think they are so cute" said Buerhle. Buerhle also required that a Prairie Dog habitat be maintained in the Sox Bullpen and that 25% of the "SoxSplit" raffle go towards the organization.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)

They're still being hunted by poachers though. They have to be protected by armed guards, many of whom have died trying to protect them.

Mark Buehrle pays the salaries of those armed guards.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
They're still being hunter by poachers though. They have to be protected by armed guards, many of whom have died trying to protect them.

Mark Buehrle pays the salaries of those armed guards.

They also have very well funded pension plans and the nicest football stadium of all the tribal villages in the area.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
Breaking News...

Mark Buerhle reportedly has signed a 7-year / $140mm extension with the White Sox. Buerhle immediately stated that he would have accepted the original 4yr/$50mm extension originally discussed but he made the White Sox up their offer so he could donate the additional $90mm to the Save the Prairie Dog organization. "I just think they are so cute" said Buerhle. Buerhle also required that a Prairie Dog habitat be maintained in the Sox Bullpen and that 25% of the "SoxSplit" raffle go towards the organization.

:bang

stoppit

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
5:00 update and the Score is still at it.

"The Score has learned that the deal is close."

They're just going to keep saying it's close and hope it actually happens... :P

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:57 PM)
Breaking News...

I thought for sure MB would have asked the Sox to up their offer after reading some of the rubbish in this thread.

On sportscenter, Tim Kurkjian was on and just said, Buehrle is off the trading block, because KW wasn't getting anywhere near the talent that he was looking for in trades. Says that they are gonna try to work out an extension, but it may take awhile.

Remember when Clemens was going to go down for Steroids reportedly and the rumor caught like wild fire...basically came from Forums such as this one and media outlets everywhere ran with it.

The main question I have is whether anyone else reporting things has new sources or whether they are essentially basing things off the SunTimes and Score.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
I just hope the Score and SI aren't getting the story all from the Cowly article.

SI is citing "people familiar with the situation" as their source.

So, that's this message board, right?

QUOTE(Balance @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)
SI is citing "people familiar with the situation" as their source.

So, that's this message board, right?

Of course, haven't you absorbed all the knowledge in this thread yet?

If somebody said they were going to make an announcement at X time, I would have les difficulty taking this as anything more the scuttlebutt.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
I just hope the Score and SI aren't getting the story all from the Cowly article.

Both FoxSports and SI claim they have their own sources. If it were coming from Cowley, they would just say, "The Chi ST reports..." or something like that.

So now it's Cowley, 670, Rosenthal, and SI vs the Trib and AM 1000. And even the Trib is reporting about Hahn making a trip to Tampa.

Whatever's going on, I can't believe it's as simple as the quotes from Buehrle's agent made it sound.