Torii Hunter

Allsox

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
That would easily be the dumbest thing Minnesota could do.

I actually disagree with this. If Minnesota can't come up with a CF by trading Santana, then they really don't have anyone who can play that position nearly as well as Hunter. Hunter would be a huge upgrade over whatever they'd be sticking in there. And they're going to be opening a new ballpark in a year or two, so the money should be there if they actually want to spend it.

Of course, that doesn't take into account their owner.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 11:52 PM)
What the f*** are they waiting for, DO IT!

If Hunter told Williams on Sunday that all he wanted was 5/$70 and he'd sign with the Sox, he'd already be donning a Sox cap and the Sox would probably be holding a press conference tomorrow. Vernon Wells got $120 million+, ditto Soriano and C-Lee got $100 on the dot. I can't believe for a second that Torii is ready to sign for $70 million.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
If Hunter told Williams on Sunday that all he wanted was 5/$70 and he'd sign with the Sox, he'd already be donning a Sox cap and the Sox would probably be holding a press conference tomorrow. Vernon Wells got $120 million+, ditto Soriano and C-Lee got $100 on the dot. I can't believe for a second that Torii is ready to sign for $70 million.

But there not allowed to talk dollars at the meeting on Sunday.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)

Quite frankly, $70 mill is an insult of an offer to Hunter.

I'll bet right now KW is giving his very best sales pitch in trying to get Hunter to take 4/$52. No way do the Sox offer up $ 70 mil. for Hunter and there's no reason they should.

After Hunter goes to Texas or someplace for 5/70 then KW will go to work on ARow. He'll try to get him for 3/$28.5 ,