Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Brock?

yeah i was waiting for someone to call me out on that, i forgot about him. He's had another solid game.

We just missed 2 open threes, this ballgame looks over.

And this is over. Illinois loses to a terrible maryland team. i dare say this is the worst illinois team in 10 years. I thought, maybe, they'd have some balls and play with some sort of chip on their shoulder. Instead they are just plain bad and can't shoot to save their lives. I just hope we can keep the ncaa tourney streak alive.

Randle, you f***ing suck. Pruitt, pass the f***ing ball. Meachum, go break a leg and stop playing. Everyone else, take the f***ing ball and go to the gym and learn to f***ing shoot.

f*** you, f*** you, you're cool, f*** you I'm out.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Averaging 23 and 9 for the #1-#2 ranked team doesn't get you into the top 10?

You would consider him the best player in the country? There are prob 1-3 freshman that are better than him.

He reminds me of another back to the basket Tar Heel, though a better scorer (dunker)

montross.jpg

Edited by RockRaines

Best player in the nation? Not sure, he's not the most talented. But he puts up the consistent numbers with leadership in generally 30 mpg or less. Tyler has put these numbers up against good competition as well with Davidson and BYU as well as not having his PG Ty Lawson much this year.

If you want to give it to the more talented guys like Gordon, Beasley etc who get more P/T and more freedom that is fine. They are both going to put up monster numbers.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
Best player in the nation? Not sure, he's not the most talented. But he puts up the consistent numbers with leadership in generally 30 mpg or less. Tyler has put these numbers up against good competition as well with Davidson and BYU as well as not having his PG Ty Lawson much this year.

If you want to give it to the more talented guys like Gordon, Beasley etc who get more P/T and more freedom that is fine. They are both going to put up monster numbers.

Yes, hes a consistent big man in a good conference. But claiming him player of the year already like that is ridiculous.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 03:18 AM)
His whole season so far has been bad, but he's still on pace to be Jarret Jack's twin :-P.

Not even close. J. Jack was a true pg, James is a shooting guard now. Marquette's offense runs better when Acker is creating, at least from when I've been watching.