Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 12:23 AM)
It was very hard to turn back and forth between the last seconds of the UCLA game and the Tenn game. God I love college basketball.

Ha, no kidding. I kept it on CBS due to the Gus factor. That Tenn/Ark game was great.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Ha, no kidding. I kept it on CBS due to the Gus factor. That Tenn/Ark game was great.

Gotta love Gus.

On a side note. If you guys want to watch some downright hilarious basketball before the big tourny, watch our NIT game on Tuesday or Wednesday. Mullins most likely isn't going to be playing, I really think we can give that 20 points that SLU scored a run. I'm not kidding either.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
On a side note. If you guys want to watch some downright hilarious basketball before the big tourny, watch our NIT game on Tuesday or Wednesday. Mullins most likely isn't going to be playing, I really think we can give that 20 points that SLU scored a run. I'm not kidding either.

That is gonna be bad. Bone at the point, Green on the floor. Ugh.

I see about 9 spots left to be filled by at-larges going into tommorrow. And I see about 15 possible teams that could fill those spots. Of course if Arkansas or Wisconsin loses they will take one or two of those spots.

Here's the possibilities...

Arizona

Arizona State

Baylor

Illinois State

Kansas State

Kentucky

Massachusetts

Mississippi

New Mexico

Ohio State

Oregon

South Alabama

St. Joseph's

Villanova

VCU

Virginia Tech

Who gets in? Hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

Edited to include South Alabama

Edited by The Bones

Lets hope Ark and Wisc win tomorrow.

I know a rule is a rule but when you play awful all year in your conference have a below .500 record even if you win your conference tourney I don't think I could stomach seeing a team with these credentials in the dance.

Not who I think should get in but who I think will get in if I'm taking 9 of those 15:

Arizona

ASU

Ill State(ya, I said they'd be out earlier this week but too many other bubble teams have faltered)

KState

Kentucky

Miss

South Alabama

St. Joes

Nova

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
The Fighting Gages are in the tourny.

f***ing amazing....I was a total douche bag all game and loved it. Got to storm the court for the first time in my life and witnessed the mascots fight and get ejected. Wow...Wow....Wow.

Its times like this where I am now envious over the fact that I Didn't go to a school known for its main stage sports teams.

But holy s***....can you guys say a #16 takes down a #1 cause its gonna happen with Fullerton...oh ya. Oh and at some point during the celebration I was the bearded douche holding one finger up with about 2 other people as ESPN had its camera like an inch from our faces.

Oh and if anyone gives me....oh they stormed the court, what a joke bulls***...well all I got to say is...twice in 60 years...twice in 60 years...f*** YES!!!!!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 02:30 AM)
Oh and if anyone gives me....oh they stormed the court, what a joke bulls***...well all I got to say is...twice in 60 years...twice in 60 years...f*** YES!!!!!

I'm pretty much as anti storm the court as you can get, but when you win your conference tourny in a 1 bid league, it's acceptable.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
So to answer everyones question about who was the last team to make the tourney with a sub .500 record......

Coppin St. ;)

Thats for this year but still counts.

It's happened at the mid major level before, I really can't recall it happening with one of the bcs conferences though. If it's happened, it was a while ago.

I wonder if the CBI is going to change the NIT selection process. Whereas before they had to exclude the BCS conference teams with sub-par records, now they can include those schools and usher off the non-BCS schools to the CBI and not have to worry about as much of a backlash because the teams were left out.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
I wonder if the CBI is going to change the NIT selection process. Whereas before they had to exclude the BCS conference teams with sub-par records, now they can include those schools and usher off the non-BCS schools to the CBI and not have to worry about as much of a backlash because the teams were left out.

Virginia has been extended a bid to the CBI.