2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
Harden didn't even look that good, as the Giants lineup today had 3 guys who should be starting in the majors. With that said, there's little doubt the Cubs are the best team in baseball. I'll be rooting like hell for the AL on Tuesday.

They are the best team in the NL, but there's no way they are the best team in baseball.

As for Marmol, I wonder if they will seriously consider sending him down.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
They are the best team in the NL, but there's no way they are the best team in baseball.

Is Marmol another version of Rich Hill?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)

Who would you say is the best then?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Who would you say is the best then?

Either Boston or Tampa Bay. You could make a case for the White Sox and Angels as well. A lot of it depends on Harden's health.

They are the best team in the NL though, and should be in the NLCS due to the fact that they will probably face the NL west winner in the first round.

Give em the division now. Cards bullpen tonight was brutal as was Milwaukee's.

Cardinals were up 10-4, give up 4 in the 9th to Pitt and go to extra's tied at 10. Glaus homers, than St. Louis gives up a 2 run bomb to Michaels for the win. Can we give the Cardinals Mike MacDougal. It wouldn't hurt them.

Gagne got booed out of Miller Park.

best team in baseball fathom? they were 6-9 in interleague....they are 22-7 against the joke that is the NL West....i hate boston as much as the next guy... but people forget they have been one of the top 3 or 4 teams in baseball just about all year without one of the best players in baseball...if ortiz gets healthy that team is so good....i mean they could be the best, but i think id give the nod to boston, tampa, or anaheim even....i mean just looking at the teams, id say the cubs are better than the white sox, but when you look at the numbers its tough to argue that they are significanty better than us

The Cubs are the third best team in baseball.

1. Red Sox, have not hit on all cylinders yet, but they will.

2. Angels, don't snooze, they might quietly take it all.

3. Cubs, best in the NL, no doubt

4. Tampa? They might be the Tigers of 06 or the White Sox of 05. I'm not sold yet.

Cubs are not even close to the best team in baseball, not with that bullpen. Harden helps, but the back end of their rotation still isn't all that great even if he is healthy with the decline of Ted Lilly. They'd be fighting for their playoff lives if they were in the AL.

i'm so glad lincecum is in the NL. i think we're going to be hearing about him for years to come if he can stay healthy, but for some reason that doesn't seem as big of an "if" compared to other youngsters

and its in this thread because he just beat the cubs 8IP 6H 1ER 9K

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 03:46 AM)
Give the Sox over the Cubs any day.

I completely disagree, especially when Soriano returns. Their lineup of Soriano/Fuku/Lee/Ramirez/Soto/Edmonds/Derosa/Theriot is just ridiculous. Marmol is struggling, but at the same time, the rest of their non-Wood bullpen is performing well. Gaudin was a hell of a pick up for them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
I completely disagree, especially when Soriano returns. Their lineup of Soriano/Fuku/Lee/Ramirez/Soto/Edmonds/Derosa/Theriot is just ridiculous. Marmol is struggling, but at the same time, the rest of their non-Wood bullpen is performing well. Gaudin was a hell of a pick up for them.

We're a better team than the Cubs, and you give their bullpen WAY too much credit. Piniella is a horrible manager of a pitching staff too, so Gaudin is probably going to be used improperly and I'd bet the ranch Harden gets hurt. Watching Lou manage them shocks me, because I thought he was a very good manager but he's really not. His horrid managing of Marmol has perhaps ruined him at least for the rest of this season.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 05:42 AM)
Dumpster looked like such an idiot hitting the water cooler. I feel like I could kick the s*** out of him with my right arm tied behind my back after watching that.

These guys all like to put on a show -- for the fans, the cameras or both -- at Wrigley. That's about 50% of Zambrano's act. That's why Soriano does his hop. Dempster -- "character" that he is -- isn't any different. It's really something to watch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
Nice to see that the Cubs will miss both Webb and Haren when they play at Arizona next week.

Last time they played Arizona, they missed Webb, too. Go figure. :bang

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
Cubs lose

What a horrible throw from Edmonds. I thought Tejeda was meat at the plate.

Edit: Maybe I'm being harsh, but I still didn't think it was that great.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)

It was beyond horrible. It looked like he threw it before Tejada touched 3rd and bounced like 4 times.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)

No, it was terrible...Jerry Owens probably would have made a better throw than that.