5/20 gamethread: Indians vs Sox; CSN; 7:11

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I would have told you that a Sabathia/Contreras match up would have featured one guy with a 5.5 era, and the other with 3.3, no one would have been surprised until they found out who was sporting each one... That said, I think Sabathia mops the floor with us tonight. He has been out of his mind lately.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
That said, I think Sabathia mops the floor with us tonight. He has been out of his mind lately.

Fortunately, Cleveland is hitting right now kind of like we were during the Toronto road trip.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
If I would have told you that a Sabathia/Contreras match up would have featured one guy with a 5.5 era, and the other with 3.3, no one would have been surprised until they found out who was sporting each one... That said, I think Sabathia mops the floor with us tonight. He has been out of his mind lately.

Unofortunely i agree....but

He will prob. have like 13 strikeouts therefore only go about 7 innings lol. We can then have a walk off in the 9th with a 1-0 sox victory.

Sound Good!

In every quality start Sabathia has made, he's had a K/9 of 9 or better. In only one of his other starts has he had that (opening day against the Sox).

I'd say be very, very aggressive at the plate and swing early in the counts. Sabathia is very beatable, but the key is most definitely keeping wood on the ball the entire game.

I predict the Sox to continue to hit Sabathia, another solid performance by Jose and a good start to the homestand!! Lets take care of business!! Keep the lineup the way it is Ozzie and good things will continue to happen.

I liked that on Opening Day we didn't just concede the game because he was on the mound, and kept fighting back. Sure, we didn't get the win that night but we put in that kind of performance against him again and good things will happen. Let's keep the streak alive!

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 20, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
Yep.

And Quentin and Dye are in again at three and four. Let's hope it stays that way for the rest of the season.

Actually...I hope it doesn't stay that way for the season...because that would mean that Thome and Konerko never picked it up. Q @ 3 I can understand, but Thome on a hot streak would fit very well at 4.