**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We still need to have some faith in this team. As bad as we have looked so far, there have been times this year where the Sox have come out of nowhere and poured it on the other team after looking lifeless for the first half of the game. It's only a one run game. Stop thinking about how bad we're at the plate and how bad we will be.

It's times like these where I question why I'm even a fan. I'm supposed to enjoy the game, win or lose. Whatever I guess.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (dww879 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
I predict the sox don't score until sunday when they are already mathematically eliminated and then beat cliff lee 25-2, compliments of 3 jason bourgeois grand slams

I guess that will be Javy pitching too since the pressure will be off and he will pitch great...

For all you people that think that the Twins will become bad when they leave the dome in a few years. It may change the punto's of the world, but their bread and butter is going the other way. That works everywhere. Hence why they lead the AL in runs scored away from home.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
If this team loses tonight, do you think they'll get booed tomorrow if they're not hitting early in the game?

yes. If they lose I think they're getting booed from the first pitch. and they deserve to be.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
For all you people that think that the Twins will become bad when they leave the dome in a few years. It may change the punto's of the world, but their bread and butter is going the other way. That works everywhere. Hence why they lead the AL in runs scored away from home.

what s their record on the road?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:50 AM)
I guess that will be Javy pitching too since the pressure will be off and he will pitch great...

and Boone Logan will throw three prefect innings striking out all 9 batters he faces

Edited by dww879

It's especially nice to hit .311 with RISP.

Every hit in this game has been to the opposite field. They just have the right approach and game plan.

The Twins' pitchers and approach is just better. Get ahead with a first pitch strike, usually on breaking balls. The odds for the batter go down astronomically starting off down 0-1. Just very difficult for our hitters to pick up the offspeed stuff in that building for some reason. And very few batters on our team (other than Ramirez) can make the needed adjustments at the plate from pitch to pitch, and AB to AB.