Rumors: Sox/Reds Talking Dye for Bailey Swap

Dick Allen

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
My totally inaccurate and spur-of-the-moment Sox starting lineup for 2009 is:

1- Furcal SS

2- Ramirez 2B

3- Quentin LF

4- Thome DH

5- Konerko 1B

6- Abreu RF

7- Fields 3B

8- AJP C

9- Taveras CF

That would be a beautiful lineup too, imo. IT would have a nice mix of youth, vets, power, and speed. Plus in a year you can move Abreu to DH if Viceido is ready and slide him into the OF (if Fields has panned out, if Fields hasn't panned out, he takes over 3B and you look to the OF for someone else).

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
So if this is true, do you think Bailey goes in as a lock for #4, or is he battling with Marquez, Poreda and Richard?

If you trade one of our best hitters for a SP he better be in the rotation and he better play well

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
According to Cowley Jermaine Dye's agent has yet to hear anything about a trade from the Sox and KW isn't talking to the media.

I think silence says a lot. I don't think Kenny wants to say anything until it's necessary and right now I believe he's working on something else. It's going to be a real interesting couple days and I think these next few days and this off-season in general (combined with the last two off-seasons) will shape this franchise signifcantly for the next 6-8 years (because I Think the Sox have added so much quality talent in a very short span).

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
dude on WSI says rumor says that encarnacion is in on the deal but we may have to pay half JDs salary...take that FWIW...which is probably very little

edit: fixed for accuracy

Edwin was once a pretty top notch prospect. Although I see little need for him considering the Sox have two other toolsy 3rd baseman (Mr. Cuban & Fields). However, you can't argue his power numbers and his solid walk totals for a young player and he could be due for his breakout season (last year was a bit of a dissapointment but he still hit 26 bombs, albeit in a hitter friendly park).

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
So if this is true, do you think Bailey goes in as a lock for #4, or is he battling with Marquez, Poreda and Richard?

We just traded an All-Star (and MVP) caliber OF for him. He's got to be slotted in the rotation right now, IMO.