Rumors: Sox/Reds Talking Dye for Bailey Swap

Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 02:35 AM)
Edwin was once a pretty top notch prospect. Although I see little need for him considering the Sox have two other toolsy 3rd baseman (Mr. Cuban & Fields).

Maybe Fields would be in a package to trade for a leadoff hitter? I heard McLouth's name again today, but I don't think it's anything.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so assuming this deal goes through....Q moves to right ...does Dayan get long looks in ST in LF? i expect him to be in AAA this year anyways, but does he give LF a shot in the minors also? i think he does....or maybe josh does? that didn't go so well last time though

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
so assuming this deal goes through....Q moves to right ...does Dayan get long looks in ST in LF? i expect him to be in AAA this year anyways, but does he give LF a shot in the minors also? i think he does....or maybe josh does? that didn't go so well last time though

I think there's a very good chance that might happen in spring training.

I do expect Josh Fields to open up at 3B.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
yes...that's all we have at this point

i sent e-mails to rogers and gonzales hoping the Trib will start digging into the story, cowley's worthless

Cowley is extremely worthless and so is WSI for whoever read that tidbit. Be patient, more info will come out.

A source told the Dayton Daily News that the White Sox and Reds have completed a swap involving Jermaine Dye and Homer Bailey.

Color us skeptical for now. The Dye-for-Bailey rumors have been going around for some time now, but no one seemed to think the deal was getting done. As lost as Bailey is right now, it'd still be a bad idea for the Reds to part with him for a one-year solution in right field. They'd be spending a good portion of their available funds on a mediocre defense corner outfielder who has averaged fewer RBI per at-bat than Adam Dunn over the course of his career. Dec. 7 - 8:55 pm et

Rotoworlds take.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 03:44 AM)
while we are talking about third base (maybe this should go in a different thread), but what do we reasonably expect out of Josh Fields this year if he plays everyday? I guess I'd say .250 with .310 obp and 20 HR

I think he'd hit 30 homers if he played the whole year.