Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im kind of surprised to hear people high on Stafford right now. His accuracy is brutal and if he didnt have CJ he would have numbers similar to Russell. He made a few plays but he also left a lot of points on the field by missing wide open targets. Even without any pressure from the defense. Im sure he will improve as he gains experience but he hasnt shown me anything to worry about as a Bears fan yet.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
cowboys seem way too pass happy.

Agreed. The idea of MB3 taking a shot at the end zone should of at least been thought about.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
Where was Witten on those last two plays? The Cowboys ran the same slant plays. Did they think Bailey couldn't defend it twice?

Or Bennett. This team looks retarded at this point in the season.

Today showed that they miss Felix Jones.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
Mendenhall should have officially won the RB position for the Steelers. Thank God no more Willie "arm tackled" Parker.

Also, have to say I really like the Collinsworth/Michaels duo.

Did Mendenhall remember the playbook this time? ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
CSN sportsrise just showed a replay of the Knox TD kickoff return, it turns out the dumbass threw the ball away to celebrate about a yard before he got into the end zone. Lucky for him no one noticed during the game.

I thought it looked like that on the replays. That was really dumb.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
CSN sportsrise just showed a replay of the Knox TD kickoff return, it turns out the dumbass threw the ball away to celebrate about a yard before he got into the end zone. Lucky for him no one noticed during the game.

I saw that too. I'm sure he was pretty damn excited and just made a dumb mistake. Anyway, what a find this guy has been so far? If only JA had even 75% of the success with first round picks as he has with second round and later picks we'd probably be a dynasty (not really, but you get the point).

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
So, nfl.com isn't working for me concerning highlights. Are there any other places I can watch bears highlights from yesterday?

i think suntimes has a few highlights on biggs' column

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
Everyone is. People are saying Roach sucks. Are you kidding? He played a great game. Who cares how many points Detroit scored? The Bears scored 24 more.

I agree, Roach has been great. Williams wasnt all that good, but Roach and Briggs held down the LB spot pretty well. Briggs made about 99 tackles.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
If Williams can develop into what a first-rounder should be, that'd be a huge bonus for the Bears.

He and Omiyale really had nice blocks on Forte's 61 yard run. That was awesome.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
Thank god they managed to sign Briggs instead of wasting money on Berrian a few years ago and didn't rely on Williams.

Fixed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
Do my fellow bear fans believe that this is the Cedric Benson we were going to get when he came back last year or would we have gotten the same lazy POS player that talked and never backed it up?

Cedric Benson would never have discovered the phrase work ethic had he not been cut and nearly fallen out of the league.