Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 22, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
Dude on the score, brian farook or whoever he is said the rumors floating around per SI or Rosenthal or.. something/someone

What Peavy's agent said it would take for him to waive his NTC:

ALL SUITORS: Guarantee to pay all 4.5 years of his contract including the full 22 million for 2013

ALL SUITORS: Full No-Trade protection for the entirety of the contract

WHITE SOX ONLY (Due to NL/AL Switch probably) Opt-out clause for any year of the contract after 2009

An opt-out clause every year? f*** THAT.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
There is so much bulls*** coming out of Axelrod's mouth right now. Financial decisions were definitely discussed. Saying that tomorrow, he might change his mind, is pretty lame.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....agent-says.html

with KW's statement and now this, this won't die for awhile...

My favorite part is he's not afraid of the AL, but he won't pitch in it.

There is so much bulls*** coming out of Axelrod's mouth right now. Financial decisions were definitely discussed. Saying that tomorrow, he might change his mind, is pretty lame.

Both Kenny and Axelrod are not trying to burn bridges I guess?

QUOTE (tommy @ May 22, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)
Both Kenny and Axelrod are not trying to burn bridges I guess?

Everybody's walking the tightrope, at the end of the day these guys still want to be civil with each other and that's very encouraging to hear. What's also interesting is that Ozzie hasn't said a word about this. No rant, no reaction, nothing. Maybe he's been gagged, because i'm sure he's been approached for comment.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2009 -> 04:52 AM)
My favorite part of that article.

What the hell is better aligned with the NL supposed to mean?

It's all a bunch of crap. I don't believe for one second Peavy wants to pitch in the AL. He'll make an AL team give him a king's ransom to go there. I wish him nothing but the worst after tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
It's all a bunch of crap. I don't believe for one second Peavy wants to pitch in the AL. He'll make an AL team give him a king's ransom to go there. I wish him nothing but the worst after tomorrow.

Add Gookie Dawkins to your sig, traded for future considerations to make room for Lillibridge.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
Dude on the score, brian farook or whoever he is said the rumors floating around per SI or Rosenthal or.. something/someone

ALL SUITORS: Guarantee to pay all 4.5 years of his contract including the full 22 million for 2013

WHITE SOX ONLY (Due to NL/AL Switch probably) Opt-out clause for any year of the contract after 2009

What a joke.

There is so much bulls*** coming out of Axelrod's mouth right now. Financial decisions were definitely discussed. Saying that tomorrow, he might change his mind, is pretty lame. I'm sure KW has already moved on.

I think that Axelrod quote about him "changing his mind" is in regards to him being traded away from San Diego. He will be traded, but it will be to a different team, he just doesn't want to pitch for the White Sox.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 22, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)

Wow. Opt out clause, eh? That's code for, we aren't going to the AL for more than half a season. No one with a brain will give the first 2, and unless there's blackmail, no one will give the 3rd.

Maybe he knew what he was doing?

Runs scored/runs allowed differential

27. San Diego Padres -44

28. Chicago White Sox -47

29. Baltimore Orioles -51

Washington Nationals -51

One thing is for certain, Ozzie Guillen will win the Pythagorean Manager of the Year award this season...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)

27. San Diego Padres -44

Washington Nationals -51

One thing is for certain, Ozzie Guillen will win the Pythagorean Manager of the Year award this season...

Petco and Adrian Gonzalez are the only reason San Diego is so "high" on that list. Gavin Floyd and an underachieving or even disappointing offense so far are why the Sox are so low. That's a misleading statistic because it's f***ing May.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2009 -> 05:55 AM)

27. San Diego Padres -44

Washington Nationals -51

Is this updated after yesterday's game? If so, isn't that a bit skewed considering 19 of those runs occurred in one loss?

I think I can say that Peavy will never be a member of the White Sox now...whether he "changes his mind" or even closer to the trade deadline. The one thing about a close knit organization is that if you piss off one, you piss off them all.

And really, we aren't any worse than we were yesterday at 9:30 am. Well, maybe 19 runs worse.