• Fish
    • Bird
    • Rodent-Hamster/Gerbil/Mouse/Rat
    • Reptile-Lizard/Turtle/Iguana/Snake
    • Ferret
    • Farm Animals
    • Other
    • No pets

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
Is this the same dog from Iraq that was mentioned in the Chicago Sun-Times a while back???

I really don't know. I doubt it would have been mentioned in a Chicago paper since my brother-in-law had him shipped to Denver where his parents live. I know it was on the local news in Denver and in their paper, so unless the Sun-Times picked up a story from there, it probably was a different dog.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 dog, Cocker Spaniel named Molly. She's a really good dog, though quite dumb at times.

2 Human children also. 1 boy and 1 girl. They can be a little tough to care for sometimes.

The human girl had a pet hamster named Squeeky, but that kicked it yesterday morning. I'm praying that I didn't move onto any dang Indian burial grounds due to the amount of animals that are getting buried in my backyard. My zombie fighting skills might get tested soon.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Go to an animal shelter and rescue an animal. They do have puppies, but you may also find a dog there a year old or so that you fall in love with. I am glad my home owners association has a limit on the amount of dogs you can have, otherwise my wife, son and occasionally myself, who volunteer at the Plainfield Humane Society,would end up bringing home half the animals we see! We have 2 beagles, both rescue dogs. Sometimes they take work, like our older dog. Her previous owners beat her and yelled at her, which made housetraining very heard. The slightest raising of your voice sent her quivering and peeing. but now she is the sweetest dog around, loves everyone and everything.

My last three pets have all come from animal rescues. In two of the three, we took our time, made friends with the employees and volunteers and waited for the "right" dog and cat.

• 1 year later...

Rhino the hamster (thank you Bolt for that name) and Pooka the German Shepherd mix:

Rhino.jpg

P1000688.jpg

Pooka started life out on the streets. He was adopted from a no kill shelter in Indiana, was given to a friend of ours as his humans were procreating and either he or his doggie roommate had to go (he had the better doggieality so they looked for a home for him) and ended up with us. He is somewhere between 9 and 10 and is my best buddy evar! :)

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
I have a bunny named Bunny, a cat named Ginga, and a rooster named Roosters. Last night my brother was driving home and he saw a little rabbit that was injured so he picked it up and for the time being we have two bunnies.

Did you name it rabbit?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
I have a bunny named Bunny, a cat named Ginga, and a rooster named Roosters. Last night my brother was driving home and he saw a little rabbit that was injured so he picked it up and for the time being we have two bunnies.

I have a black lab named Bunny

bunny.jpg

This is her at 7 weeks

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
I always find it interesting how people name their pets. I have a neighbor with a 200lb English Mastiff named Cupcake. Still trying to figure that one out.

I named my beagle Jameson. It's pretty easy to figure out. I'm a drunk.