Quentin Showing off in Charlotte

QUOTE (elmo9246 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 11:53 PM)
My grandpa said he used to have plantar fascitis and that it's a pain but that it does go away if treated properly and doesn't come back. I don't think that this should be a recurring problem for Carlos, but I do think that if he does come back this year it should be in the last month and a half or so to give us that extra push if we need it.

Yeah my dad told me the same thing that he had it last year and walked around with it until he went to the doctor and they gave him some medicine that cured it right away. Granted my dad doesnt sure the same life as CQ but still interesting that its been a good month and some for CQ

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question becomes how LONG do we get him back before he gets hurt again? You know it will happen....I almost guarantee it unfortunately.

You've got to wonder if he can stay healthy the rest of the season and hopefully into the postseason. We're going to have to play great to make the postseason I fear.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 03:05 AM)
You've got to wonder if he can stay healthy the rest of the season and hopefully into the postseason. We're going to have to play great to make the postseason I fear.

Last I checked you pretty much always have to play great to get in to the postseason.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:34 AM)
Last I checked you pretty much always have to play great to get in to the postseason.

Not last year. We played well the last two games of the season, but otherwise we basically managed to stay at the top of the division because Minny was even worse than we were down the stretch.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
Not last year. We played well the last two games of the season, but otherwise we basically managed to stay at the top of the division because Minny was even worse than we were down the stretch.

That team won 89 games. How can you not call that playing well? They weren't spectacular, obviously, but the team still had a good season.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
. CQ was hitting .800 in two games but Carlos Quentin went 0 for 3 yesterday and is now batting .500. I say trade him while we can still get something for somebody obviously on his way down

I could 've sworn I posted his results from yesterday. He also had a walk so 4 AB's instead of 3 the previous 2 games.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 04:57 AM)
I know it is a circular thing, but Manny is much better known, and that gets viewers. He is a loud, outgoing personality. If your paycheck depended on viewers, who would you put on Sportscenter?

When Carlos Quentin is a first-ballot hall of famer with a questionable work ethic, sloppy clothes and silly hair, ESPN will watch him under their microscope.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
It's to the point with Quentin where they have to decide if they want to risk him playing in pain or just want to shut him down. If they decide to shut him down they desperately need to acquire another outfielder.

It was at this point a month and a half ago. They need to get a left fielder for this year and for the future. CQ will move to right.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
It was at this point a month and a half ago. They need to get a left fielder for this year and for the future. CQ will move to right.

I've decided that is the 1 position I want us to spend money on this offseason; 1 corner OF. Could be JD for 1 more year.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)

Yes, but we gave him a month and a half to improve and it sounds like he's not even close to being able to run ok.

I don't care if he can run well enough to field his postion, but if he is healthy enough to maintain consistent ABs as a DH in Charlotte and we hang in this thing, I want him up here for the stretch drive and in time to be eligible for post-season rosters. He can be like our Kirk Gibson off the bench. We're deep enough in the infield that he can have Nix's roster spot if needed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
I've decided that is the 1 position I want us to spend money on this offseason; 1 corner OF. Could be JD for 1 more year.

JD should be DHing in all honesty.

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
so do you want to get rid of Thome? cuz idk what we'd get for him

He's a FA after this season I think.

My idea is that we should bring back JD as the DH. And then sign Chone Figgins to play 3B (you know Kenny wants to). Quentin moves to RF.

Put Alexei in either LF or CF and move Beckham back to SS.