Zambrano: Sox One of Three Teams He Would Go To

LVSoxFan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 03:46 AM)
Yeah this is obviously BS as has been noted a few times already, because this "deal" straight up would be one of the worst of all-time. Legit boycott material.

I mean, still though. Besides the fact that he is dumb as hell.

If just a fan on a message board did this you'd be like, lol. But Rogers stuff gets read by both teams, so surely he knows sox fans will read this, and Rogers in his past has been quite pro-sox (The sh** he'd take for going with magglio in the All-City team)...

I guess what I'm getting at, is he might be so stupid, that he actually thinks this is a good deal for the sox. Wow, huh?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
I guess what I'm getting at, is he might be so stupid, that he actually thinks this is a good deal for the sox. Wow, huh?

He's not stupid at all. He's using the Jay Moronotti "shock jock" approach to sports journalism. Since Hineybird left town, somebody else must step up to tap the Moron Sports Fan demographic.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
This. I can't believe anyone really wanting Bradley and Z on our team. The Sox are not even close to being that desperate.

Ozzie might want Z, but I can't see Kenny giving up Peavy after the work he had to do to get him, and the fact that he has been awesome so far.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 03:59 AM)
He's not stupid at all. He's using the Jay Moronotti "shock jock" approach to sports journalism. Since Hineybird left town, somebody else must step up to tap the Moron Sports Fan demographic.

I don't buy that. This piece isn't antagonistic or insightfuly. It just seems like it was written on a mixture of barbiturates and alcohol.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
After seeing Peavy pitch for the Sox, he is exactly what they need.

The White Sox rotation can be filthy next year.

Almost as good as the Braves if Hudson is 100%.

I'd say that it would be very, very possible for the Sox to have the best rotation in the majors next year.

Peavy - 3.25

Danks - 3.25

Buehrle - 3.75

Floyd - 3.75

Garcia & Hudson - 4.50

Those numbers don't seem out of the ordinary, and you'd be hardpressed to find any rotation with that kind of talent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
I don't buy that. This piece isn't antagonistic or insightfuly. It just seems like it was written on a mixture of barbiturates and alcohol.

Maybe. But it still utilizes Moronotti's "antagonize the reader" formula.

It's a shame that sports journalism has gone so far down the tubes over the past 15 or so years.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
I'd say that it would be very, very possible for the Sox to have the best rotation in the majors next year.

Peavy - 3.25

Danks - 3.25

Buehrle - 3.75

Floyd - 3.75

Garcia & Hudson - 4.50

Those numbers don't seem out of the ordinary, and you'd be hardpressed to find any rotation with that kind of talent.

No, they don't, they are capable of that. But I think the best shot we have of winning the division is if 2 or 3 guys have career years like 05.

John Danks remains highly overrated around these parts. I'd expect no better than a 3.50 era. (still awesome, but not as great as y'all think).

Huh?

Overrated but awesome?

I hate posts that bag on players after they do something great like pitch a complete game.

I think he's better than Floyd, but that's just me. I like them both.

Gotta disagree (as usual lol). After the first month or two of the season, Floyd was an absolute monster. He has 4 plus pitches. When his curveball is on, he is unhittable. I remember a game where he didn't have his curveball, and he still went 7 innings and only gave up one earned run. It won't surprise me if he is in contention for the cy young award next year.

Just by coincidence, I've had the bad luck of seeing some of Floyd's bad outings. Seems whenever I catch a game Danks pitches he's been outstanding.

I know Floyd's good. I guess I've just seen Danks with my own eyes more.

Hopefully next year I'll have mlb.com all season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Just by coincidence, I've had the bad luck of seeing some of Floyd's bad outings. Seems whenever I catch a game Danks pitches he's been outstanding.

I know Floyd's good. I guess I've just seen Danks with my own eyes more.

Hopefully next year I'll have mlb.com all season.

Floyd has nasty stuff! Danks too! Floyd would have won more games this year if it hadn't been for poor run support & spotty relieving. Danks had a lot of run support problems last year, otherwise he would have won more games last year.

If our team plays more consistent next year, both of these guys can win 18-20 games. Plus Peavy, Buehrle, & Freddy, we could really clean up next year!!

Assuming Buehrle's hangover ends next year, you got 4 All-Star caliber pitchers, whom let's assume best case scenario...If Buehrle pitches like he did Pre-Perfection this year, Peavy like he's capable, Danks & Floyd like they did later in the season and you could have 4 Cy Young contenders on your hands.