2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
lol @ Damon wanting a multi-year deal at $13mil per, or he might pout.

Blasphemy! Don't you know he single-handedly resurrected the career of Derek Jeter??

On another note, I read something this afternoon about Damon telling people he was interested in the Seattle Mariners GM job when they fired Bill Bavasi. He insisted he was serious.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Indians signed my boy Kearns who I was looking for KW to maybe buy low on.

Indians Sign Austin Kearns

By Tim Dierkes [January 5 at 10:35am CST]

The Indians signed outfielder Austin Kearns to a minor league deal, according to a team press release.

Kearns, 30 in May, hit .195/.336/.305 in 211 plate appearances for the Nationals this year, logging 363 innings in right field. He had thumb surgery in August, ending his season. The Nats predictably declined Kearns' $10MM club option after the season, finishing a three-year, $17.5MM extension given by Jim Bowden in January of '07. Bowden's July '06 acquisition of Kearns, Felipe Lopez, and Ryan Wagner from the Reds for Bill Bray, Royce Clayton, Brendan Harris, Gary Majewski, and Daryl Thompson was seen as a masterstroke at the time.

Kearns has been lousy offensively the last two years, though his right field defense remains a plus. It's a decent no-risk pickup for the Tribe, who also added Shelley Duncan yesterday.

Edited by SoxAce

Pirates Talking To Dotel & Carrasco

Management has had productive talks with two free-agent right-handers, Octavio Dotel and D.J. Carrasco, the latter aimed at a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training, multiple sources said yesterday those could result in agreements soon.

If they're able to snag DJ for a minor league deal, there's one hell of a signing.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
Pirates Talking To Dotel & Carrasco

If they're able to snag DJ for a minor league deal, there's one hell of a signing.

And Dotel is the kind of guy a team like the Padres should sign for a minimal deal, maybe $1 mil or so, put him in the Closer's role, and then deal him at the deadline to a contender.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Rotoword says Jose Valverde signs with Tigers.

Huh? I thought they were trying to cut salary? 2 years and 14 million for a closer? Granted I think Valverde is pretty good. Just doesn't make any sense. Not to mention they lose two draft picks.

Edited by Jordan4life