Official Boxing Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
Floyd just seems too full of himself to blemish his perfect record, even for another $100 million, so I doubt a best of 3 happens. I see a close decision in Floyd's favor, close enough to keep enough buzz for a rematch.

Setting up the rematch with Mayweather's disappointing performance.

Looked old, listless and was hurt in the fourth and never really got back into it.

Did some minor damage to PacMan, but Manny was the aggressor throughout.

Edited by caulfield12

That was like a Superbowl where each team punts back and forth for possession, and then the Patriots win on a FG, 3-0.

I understand that Mayweather was "in control", but to the layman it seemed like all the "big hits" and damage was done by Pacman. It seems the fact that Manny didn't outpunch him by a large margin, he lost. But it's not like Mayweather only threw a few punches, but they were big powerful blows and Manny had to make up the difference. I think I saw 2 solid hits by Mayweather, and then defense for the other 98% of the time and he somehow was just cruising to the win.

Boxing seems real dumb to an outsider like me if that was considered a "great fight".

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 3, 2015 -> 12:06 AM)
That was like a Superbowl where each team punts back and forth for possession, and then the Patriots win on a FG, 3-0.

I understand that Mayweather was "in control", but to the layman it seemed like all the "big hits" and damage was done by Pacman. It seems the fact that Manny didn't outpunch him by a large margin, he lost. But it's not like Mayweather only threw a few punches, but they were big powerful blows and Manny had to make up the difference. I think I saw 2 solid hits by Mayweather, and then defense for the other 98% of the time and he somehow was just cruising to the win.

Boxing seems real dumb to an outsider like me if that was considered a "great fight".

Did anybody describe that as great?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 3, 2015 -> 12:38 AM)
Did anybody describe that as great?

it was a s*** fight, but blame pacquiao for not having the technical ability to cut the ring off, and not having the bravery to take risks. he fought gun-shy from round 1. took no risks.

Edited by Real

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
No way Mayweather won that fight.

Boxing is a complete travesty.

lmfao, smh.

clean punching - mayweather

defense - mayweather

ring generalship - mayweather

effective aggressiveness - draw

mayweather landed like 60-70 more punches than pacquiao did according to compubox which is controlled by HBO as far as I know (and Pacquiao is the HBO fighter), so don't cry bias here.

QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:02 AM)
domination, like i said over and over in this thread to start.

but i'm a hater right?

learn boxing, noobs

Are you proud to be a Mayweather fan?

Because if you are, you are one f***ed up person.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 3, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
One of the best ever. No denying that.

Not even close. He has never had any real competition.

He ducked pacquiao for five years...all the marquez/pacman fights alone are more boxing than Mayweather has done in a decade.

Who has Mayweather actually beaten when they were close to in their prime?

Nobody.

I guarantee if PacMan didnt have twenty extra fights in a much longer career (despite being two years younger), it wouldnt have even been close.

Boxing has been terrible since the 90s. They used to know how to put on a performance, how to entertain a crowd in a memorable and sometimes legendary way.

Honestly, watching the White Sox this week is better than that crap.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Real @ May 3, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
lmfao, smh.

clean punching - mayweather

defense - mayweather

ring generalship - mayweather

effective aggressiveness - draw

mayweather landed like 60-70 more punches than pacquiao did according to compubox which is controlled by HBO as far as I know (and Pacquiao is the HBO fighter), so don't cry bias here.

And never came close to hurting him...