Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
That and being willing to pay over slot.

Until Porcello last year, did they really get a major impact at the big league level from guys they dumped money onto? Miller is the other one who comes to mind, but they dealt him.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
Until Porcello last year, did they really get a major impact at the big league level from guys they dumped money onto? Miller is the other one who comes to mind, but they dealt him.

Well, it's a relatively recent phenomenon, so that impact will probably be felt more within the next several years, I would surmise.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Rangers offer Vlad a 1 year $7mil deal. I doubt there are many/any teams willing to match that offer.

I sure as hell don't want him for that much.

Crasnick is reporting that Guerrero probably won't get more than $5 million from Texas.

Plus, Vlad isn't all that happy with the Rangers' offer.

Edited by chw42

There goes 1 lefty potential DH for the Sox to sign.... too bad, I thought Cust could have been a good fit at the Cell.

Athletics re-signed DH Jack Cust to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

The A's non-tendered Cust last month in order to avoid paying him a substantial raise via salary arbitration and lucked into signing him back at a lower salary than he made in 2009. The 30-year-old hit .240/.356/.417 with 25 homers and 70 RBI last season while earning just $2.8 million.