NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
The presale was yesterday. I didn't even know I was eligible for it until I got an email from the bulls on monday. Didn't leave me any time to find some people that wanted to go with me.

*raises hand*

About LBJ, I really hate when black people throw the race card around for no good reason. It would be nice to see LBJ "accidentally" catch a "stray" elbow at some point this season.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
*raises hand*

About LBJ, I really hate when black people throw the race card around for no good reason. It would be nice to see LBJ "accidentally" catch a "stray" elbow at some point this season.

Seriously. There are negative racial connotations and stereotypes throughout sports today, but I don't think race ever, ever, ever came up.

I'm actually still confused about this. Is he suggesting people were pissed at him because he was black because he went to the Heat? Or what? Because none of it makes sense to me.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Seriously. There are negative racial connotations and stereotypes throughout sports today, but I don't think race ever, ever, ever came up.

I'm actually still confused about this. Is he suggesting people were pissed at him because he was black because he went to the Heat? Or what? Because none of it makes sense to me.

He's suggesting that if he were white, he wouldn't of caught so much flack.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
of course he did. and ESPN is eating it up

I refuse to watch Sportscenter or most ESPN programming for that matter, but I'm told they have a team of reporters doing live reports all week from Heat training camp and are analzying everything going on there? What a joke, that channel just gets worse and worse. Of course they're eating up the race card thing too. The biggest reason (by far) LeBron is hated is because of "The Decision" and that was aired by ESPN. Combine that with the fact they'll have 52 Heat games on this year, and it's in their best interest to try and help LeBron recover some of his image. But that won't be happening. I won't even address him playing the race card, as it's laughable. LeBron isn't hated because he's black, he's hated because he's an asshole and an idiot.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
I hope LeBron gets a season ending injury caused by his own showboating, like falling over dancing and somehow hurting himself. That is how much I hate the "people don't like me cause I'm black, not cause I'm an asshole" card.

I hate LeBron because didn't come to Chicago. I bet there a lot of fans of (insert team here) who hate LeBron James because he didn't go to (insert city here).

That is why the decision was such a bad idea, because he tortured sooooo many fans with the possibility that he might make their dreams come true . . . only to tear them apart on live TV.

This is even worse when you consider that people who actually are racists and don't like him because he's black won't follow the NBA because, NEWSFLASH, the NBA is a black dominated league. So, by suggesting that people didn't like "The Decision" because he's black, he is insulting those white Americans who do follow and enjoy the NBA (they sure as hell don't like it because of all the white people on the court) while also making himself look bad amongst not only the black community but the entire nation by pulling out the overused race card, when race clearly isn't and has never been a factor in this.

Maverick Carter might be the worst PR guy in the history of mankind.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I hate LeBron because didn't come to Chicago. I bet there a lot of fans of (insert team here) who hate LeBron James because he didn't go to (insert city here).

That is why the decision was such a bad idea, because he tortured sooooo many fans with the possibility that he might make their dreams come true . . . only to tear them apart on live TV.

I don't hate LeBron because he didn't come to Chicago. He was a free agent and thus part of the deal was he might not come here. I hate him because he took out an hour to tear out the hearts of his hometown (sorry LeBron, saying you're from Akron and not Cleveland is like somebody saying they are from Naperville and not Chicago) and stroke his own ego. That's 95 percent of the reason I hate him, with the other 5 percent being split between the fact that he made the p**** move and went to Miami, and the fact that's an egomanical little b**** despite having never won anything.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I guess people who hate Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger so much is because their white. The world makes sense!

Hell, ESPN tried to destroy Tiger Woods cause of his cheating, but people still love him. (I still love Tiger personally)

Obviously this means Magic, Barkley and Jordan are all racist.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 05:07 AM)
Lebron needs to realize this has nothing to do with the color of his skin and everything to do with him being a b****.

It's easier to compartmentalize genuine dislike if you can blame it on something irrational like racism rather than having to accept the reality of one's own actions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)
It's easier to compartmentalize genuine dislike if you can blame it on something irrational like racism rather than having to accept the reality of one's own actions.

It is also easy when a sports network caters to and hangs on every word that comes out of your mouth, so you can basically say anything you want and think it is ok.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)

I actually hated LeBron starting 2 years ago and even moreso now because he went to Miami, he flaked out man

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
This is even worse when you consider that people who actually are racists and don't like him because he's black won't follow the NBA because, NEWSFLASH, the NBA is a black dominated league. So, by suggesting that people didn't like "The Decision" because he's black, he is insulting those white Americans who do follow and enjoy the NBA (they sure as hell don't like it because of all the white people on the court) while also making himself look bad amongst not only the black community but the entire nation by pulling out the overused race card, when race clearly isn't and has never been a factor in this.

Maverick Carter might be the worst PR guy in the history of mankind.

Dumping World Wide Wes for Maverick Carter = worst The Decision ever.

Link

* Arturo’s analysis of the current Bulls is reasonable (that doesn’t mean the Bulls are guaranteed 60 wins; only that if everyone stays healthy and maintains what they did in the past, 60 wins is certainly possible).

* Adding Melo – at the cost of Luol Deng and Joakim Noah – would cost the Bulls about 10 wins.

To understand this argument, let’s first consider the Bulls from 2009-10.

The most productive players on the Bulls last season were Deng and Noah. Of the team’s 36.8 Wins Produced, 19.1 – or over half – can be linked to these two players. And Noah didn’t even play 2,000 minutes.

Meanwhile, Anthony – as I noted last August (and many times before that, and also since then) – is overrated. Yes, he can score. But his scoring is primarily due to his willingness to take many shots. He is not a particularly efficient scorer. And he doesn’t help out much with any other facet of the game. Consequently, we should not be surprised that Melo only posted a 0.108 WP48 [Wins Produced per 48 minutes].

As one can see, Deng did more last year. So just trading Deng for Anthony doesn’t help. To throw Noah – the most productive players on the Bulls last year — into the mix makes this trade even worse. And when you consider the Bulls roster, which really doesn’t have a center besides Noah (Kurt Thomas is slated to be the back-up center), then it became clear that trading Noah and Deng for Melo would have been a bad idea.

Again, I think such a trade would cost the Bulls about 10 wins. What is interesting about that scenario is that it means the Bulls might be better with Melo this year than they were last year. Chicago won 41 games in 2009-10. As currently constituted, Arturo (and I) think 60 wins are possible. That means, with Melo (and Carlos Boozer), the Bulls might win 50 games. Would that be enough for people to think Melo helped?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)

Can't say I disagree.

I'd go Deng + 2 or 3 picks at this point, because the Nuggets don't have the Nets anymore and the Knicks still can't offer a pick.

They have to sell Melo for almost $0.10 on the dollar.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Can't say I disagree.

I'd go Deng + 2 or 3 picks at this point, because the Nuggets don't have the Nets anymore and the Knicks still can't offer a pick.

They have to sell Melo for almost $0.10 on the dollar.

Doesn't work, the Bulls need to send along a good chunk of additional funds to match contracts there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Doesn't work, the Bulls need to send along a good chunk of additional funds to match contracts there.

Then JJ. The Nuggets shot themselves in the foot by not pulling the trigger on the Nets deal.