Phillies scouting Jenks and Putz

shipps

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 23, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Well, the Phillies know questionable relievers when they see them.

:notworthy They do have a thing for former White Sox, and they have a nice crop of toolsy OF's who are good enough to be wanted, but not great enough to not be had in a trade.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
He has 5-tools and a nice pedigree, and i think he could be had for one of Jenks or Putz. We're not shooting for the stars here.

He's pretty much a non prospect at this time. He's 26 years old. I don't think KW asking for him would hold up any deal, but I wouldn't expect much from him if he was acquired.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
He's pretty much a non prospect at this time. He's 26 years old. I don't think KW asking for him would hold up any deal, but I wouldn't expect much from him if he was acquired.

I'd still take him for Jenks.

Jenks is expensive, erratic and useless - as long as the team can't give him a 3 run cushion going into the 9th inning every time he comes in.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)

Jenks isn't going to really fetch us anything more then guys like Mayberry. He's a guy with a lot of potential who has reached a crossroads in his minor league career. You get him and insert him the OF for half a year, and see what you've got.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Like someone else kinda said already...we always sell really really low on our players as fans and we buy really really high on other teams players. I dont get that.

Gavin Floyd, Carlos Quentin, Alexis Rios, Bobby Jenks are guys we bought low on. Freddy Garcia, Brandon McCarthy, Fautino De Los Santos were guys we sold high on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Gavin Floyd, Carlos Quentin, Alexis Rios, Bobby Jenks are guys we bought low on. Freddy Garcia, Brandon McCarthy, Fautino De Los Santos were guys we sold high on.

I understand that. I was just speaking in terms of fan base and how we envision the value of our players and the value of other prospective players from other teams in deals. Its all off whack a lot of the time.