2010 Summer TV Thread

Brian

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I just saw an episode where they are going to a university on Mars and Fry acts like he has never been there and they can breathe oxygen, when they had been there in the past because Amy's parents live there.

Mathematics of wonton burrito meals!

Also, that episode is first season :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
Tonight's Entourage was better.

Agreed. I like it when it faster paced like last nights episode.

Not sure what I think about the Ari being an NFL owner. The show borders realism with cameos and such and that story line can only end one way for me to think it worked.

So, I need to find a new show to get sucked into (drama preferably). Anyone have any suggestions? The guidelines:

(1) my fiance and I moved recently and decided to do away with cable. So we're limited to Netflix and the interwebs.

(2) to get a feel for my taste in shows, my recent favorites include: Breaking Bad, Lost, Mad Men, Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, etc.

Anyone every watch Battlestar Galactica? Normally i'm not an outer space kind of guy, but lots of people associate it with Lost, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I tried to get into Dexter and Californication, but can't seem to stay interested.

I'm hoping there's a cool series out there that I missed within the last few years.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
So, I need to find a new show to get sucked into (drama preferably). Anyone have any suggestions? The guidelines:

(1) my fiance and I moved recently and decided to do away with cable. So we're limited to Netflix and the interwebs.

(2) to get a feel for my taste in shows, my recent favorites include: Breaking Bad, Lost, Mad Men, Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, etc.

Anyone every watch Battlestar Galactica? Normally i'm not an outer space kind of guy, but lots of people associate it with Lost, so I'm willing to give it a shot. I tried to get into Dexter and Californication, but can't seem to stay interested.

I'm hoping there's a cool series out there that I missed within the last few years.

Sons of Anarchy! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Drama=Big Brother. On 3 nights a week.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Drama=Big Brother. On 3 nights a week.

They have so many people on this year who must not of ever seen the show. Waaaaaaay too aggressive so early. Nobody should want HoH before sequester unless it means their survival in the game.

Enzo will be gone before sequester. That MENSA guy will go far.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
They have so many people on this year who must not of ever seen the show. Waaaaaaay too aggressive so early. Nobody should want HoH before sequester unless it means their survival in the game.

Enzo will be gone before sequester. That MENSA guy will go far.

The people are lying too early, about their professions etc. You've got to stay under the radar for several weeks before making a move.

My money right now is on Kristin. You dont hear much about her and she's hot. If you've watched after dark you know who wins POV and who goes on the block.

Edited by RockRaines

A must-see (dunno if it was mentioned) is Drugs, Inc on National Geographic. The Heroin one that debuted last night was ridiculous, about half of it was dedicated to Heroin in Chicago. The Cocaine episode showed quite a bit of Chicago as well, good stuff. I don't think anyone would want to try Heroin after they see how it is made in Afghanistan

I am actually looking forward to that new drama/suspense show on NBC. It's called "Persons Unknown"

http://www.nbc.com/persons-unknown/

From the commercials, it looks interesting.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 08:10 AM)

Recently got into Mad Men after hearing too many good things to ignore. Bought Season 1 and 2 at Best Buy on sale for $20 each. Watched both seasons in under a week and am now awaiting Season 3 to arrive from ebay. It's going to be 112 here this weekend, so that's probably what I'll be doing. Can't say enough about the show! Will probably let Season 4 build up on the TiVo along with True Blood while I start Breaking Bad! Really fired up!

As for new dramas, I've heard good things about that Nurse Jackie or whatever with Edie Falco. Anyone seen that yet?

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
A must-see (dunno if it was mentioned) is Drugs, Inc on National Geographic. The Heroin one that debuted last night was ridiculous, about half of it was dedicated to Heroin in Chicago. The Cocaine episode showed quite a bit of Chicago as well, good stuff. I don't think anyone would want to try Heroin after they see how it is made in Afghanistan

Something about this makes me smile.