Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
A guy like Jones doesn't make me want to give up Flowers.

If we're going to give up Flowers, I'd rather just go for broke and give up he and Hudson for some kind of stud player.

If not, I'd rather try and find a cheaper solution.

That would be great if you could get a guy like Gonzalez but for any player that isn't along that caliber you have to remember AJ isn't going to last forever and you don't have anyone to fill the hole if Danks isn't locked up or Freddy can't pitch anymore.

I just don't think one good bat will put this team closer to a World Series. It seems mid season trades never really work for the Sox for that season.

I always like runs created and RC27 as stats, because they translate into real estimates how a player will add to your offense.

Adam Dunn has created 56.2 runs so far this year, or 7.29 runs per game. That's 15th in baseball.

Konerko is ranked 9th in runs per game, but is slightly behind in total runs. Rios is ranked 28th at 6.84 runs per game. Adam LaRoche, a favorite around here, creates 5.84 runs/game, ranking him 75th. But he apparently does much better in the second half of seasons.

Mark Kotsay is 3.55 runs/game, or 18.1 overall. Andruw Jones is 4.01 runs/game or 20 overall.

So Dunn is worth 18 more runs than Kotsay/Jones together, which I think is worth about 3 more wins -- enough to put us in first place.

Dunn may squawk and say he doesn't want to DH, but I can't help but think playing in his first pennant race would tend to motivate him, regardless where he plays. And he ought to love the Cell. Put him in the #5 hole. He would really improve our lineup.

Beckham (when he finds his stroke)

Pierre

Rios

Konerko

Dunn

Quentin

Teahan/Viciedo

AJ

Ramirez

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
That's great if the rumors were true about how much they were asking for, as well as Dunn's attitude about being the DH. There's much better fits out there.

Such as?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)

Garret Jones

anyone? 1B/OF with pop from the left side.

Current slash: .284/.356/.449/.805

Don't Look Ace!

I like your thinking! :D (btw if you didn't get the joke, I've mentioned him a couple of times on the Cubs thread and one on a thread here. Like his game, think he is very, very underrated.

shut up Kalapse

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
I have no idea what PIT would ask for but it won't be insane like the Dunn price. Maybe Flowers would do the trick.

I've thought about Jones as well, but I was thinking Pittsburgh would want to keep him around. He's getting paid next to nothing. I wonder what type of money he'd command.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 06:49 AM)
Such as?

Luke Scott, G. Jones, L. Berkman

Rizzo is trying to keep the momentum of the Nats rebuilding project going, and he is not going to give up Dunn for the typical "July deadline package". Since they're asking for Hudson AND Flowers, I would much rather KW just walk away from the table. I wouldn't give up either of them for Dunn.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
No need to trade for a big bat now. Lillibridge is a beast. A triple and a homerun, 6 RBIs. There's your DH.

I debated about putting that in green...

He's hit two balls harder this year than Beckham has all season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
He's hit two balls harder this year than Beckham has all season.

I'm sure his at-bats are not indictitive of how he would hit all of the time, but I wonder if he should get a few starts over Beckham.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
I'm bored... And sick to death of hearing about Lebron James.

How about Beckham and Pierre to the Royals for David DeJesus and Alex Gordon.

Then Hudson and another lower level prospect to the Nationals for Dunn.

Get off the Xbox

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
Kila and Gordon are still in Omaha, waiting for a chance with someone. Still would love to get either or both, both for 2010 and the future. Either could be had for a lot less than Hudson+Flowers.

What would it take to get DeJesus though?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
I'm bored... And sick to death of hearing about Lebron James.

How about Beckham and Pierre to the Royals for David DeJesus and Alex Gordon.

Then Hudson and another lower level prospect to the Nationals for Dunn.

Seriously?

It will take an impressive package of players to convince the Nationals to part with Dunn. Nats GM Mike Rizzo said that it would be "very painful" to part with Dunn, and "very painful for the team that wants to acquire him."

from the Los Angeles Times

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:03 AM)
What would it take to get DeJesus though?

Dejesus is a good call. He will add something & I don't know for sure, but he seems like a guy who wants to play on a winner. He appears to want to play for a "winning organization"

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
Dejesus is a good call. He will add something & I don't know for sure, but he seems like a guy who wants to play on a winner. He appears to want to play for a "winning organization"

What do you mean "he appears" to want to play for a winning organization? How do you determine who does and doesn't want to play for a winner?