July White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (PMD @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know Lillibridge's at-bat music? I organized a Sox outing for my department at work (Sox vs Yankees in August) and we'll be tailgating. It's my usual custom to play Sox-related music at the tailgate party, and I have just about everything listed on the Sox website-- but I like Lillibridge's music and Threet's as well (although I know his is a Springsteen song). Can anyone help me out? THANKS!!

PMD

Lillibridge uses "Ima Be" by Black Eyed Peas if I'm not mistaken. BTW, would you mind sending me a list of what you have so far? I know a lot of the starters but there's a few that I still don't know or forget by time I get home.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
Lillibridge uses "Ima Be" by Black Eyed Peas if I'm not mistaken. BTW, would you mind sending me a list of what you have so far? I know a lot of the starters but there's a few that I still don't know or forget by time I get home.

JUst checked that one out on I-Tunes, and that's it!! Thanks!!!

So far I've got the classics: Let's Go White Sox, Na Na Hey Hey, Sweet Home Chicago, Thunderstruck and Back in Black. For the players I've got Paulie's "Harvester of Sorrow," Jenk's "Boom" and I use Metallica's "Of Wolf and Man" for AJP. The rest I found on the Sox site: http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/atbat_music.jsp

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
The Yanks are on the verge of making the Cliff Lee trade official. I wonder what it would take to get Ted Lilly from the Cubs?

Can't we see what Hudson does first before we unload what little we have in our minors?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Can't we see what Hudson does first before we unload what little we have in our minors?

I'm just worried that Hudson will get the call, come up here and suck. I'm not saying that is going to happen, but it would be bad if it does. By then it will be too late to pick up anyone that could help with starting pitching.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
I'm just worried that Hudson will get the call, come up here and suck. I'm not saying that is going to happen, but it would be bad if it does. By then it will be too late to pick up anyone that could help with starting pitching.

He looked ok as a September call-up last season and will most likely have some very favorable matchups as noted in a separate thread.

I think Lilly would be a disaster at USCF. In fact, even though he's had a few good years, I think he'd be a disaster anywhere he went in the AL. In the NL, you can survive on smoke and mirrors, and that's exactly what Ted Lilly is right now. His average fastball is 85.9 MPH...that is going to get torn apart by AL teams that can play a DH to matchup with him. Even Andruw Jones would be able to hit him.

The first pitcher I think of that doesn't have great stuff that has gotten by this year in the AL is Freddy Garcia. That's because, even though his fastball is only at 88 MPH right now, he's only throwing it 31.3% of the time. He's throwing his slider 25.2%, his change 23.8%, his split-finger 15.1%, and his curveball 4.6% of the time. The reason he is effective is because he is constantly keeping hitters off balance with his different array of pitches, and even then, only his splitter and changeup have been good pitches for him so far.

Let Dan Hudson pitch. If he shows no signs of success, then and only then do you make a move. He's gonna be able to make like 4 starts before the deadline.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
I think Lilly would be a disaster at USCF. In fact, even though he's had a few good years, I think he'd be a disaster anywhere he went in the AL. In the NL, you can survive on smoke and mirrors, and that's exactly what Ted Lilly is right now. His average fastball is 85.9 MPH...that is going to get torn apart by AL teams that can play a DH to matchup with him. Even Andruw Jones would be able to hit him.

The first pitcher I think of that doesn't have great stuff that has gotten by this year in the AL is Freddy Garcia. That's because, even though his fastball is only at 88 MPH right now, he's only throwing it 31.3% of the time. He's throwing his slider 25.2%, his change 23.8%, his split-finger 15.1%, and his curveball 4.6% of the time. The reason he is effective is because he is constantly keeping hitters off balance with his different array of pitches, and even then, only his splitter and changeup have been good pitches for him so far.

Let Dan Hudson pitch. If he shows no signs of success, then and only then do you make a move. He's gonna be able to make like 4 starts before the deadline.

Not doubting you, just verifying. I thought that I recently read somewhere that Freddys' fastball was back up tp 90 - 91.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Not doubting you, just verifying. I thought that I recently read somewhere that Freddys' fastball was back up tp 90 - 91.

It was...but in that same game, Thornton touched 99. I think it was the gun.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
To be fair, that happened at about the winter meetings...

Seriously, no one thought they'd be this bad. Markakis, Jones, their young pitchers, Wieters...they have guys who were supposed to perform a lot better than this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Seriously, no one thought they'd be this bad. Markakis, Jones, their young pitchers, Wieters...they have guys who were supposed to perform a lot better than this.

I had no expectations for them at all. None.

QUOTE (PMD @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:11 AM)
JUst checked that one out on I-Tunes, and that's it!! Thanks!!!

So far I've got the classics: Let's Go White Sox, Na Na Hey Hey, Sweet Home Chicago, Thunderstruck and Back in Black. For the players I've got Paulie's "Harvester of Sorrow," Jenk's "Boom" and I use Metallica's "Of Wolf and Man" for AJP. The rest I found on the Sox site: http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/atbat_music.jsp

Thanks for the link. I can never find that on the site, I don't know why.