AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
You keep hitting on this, but its just not the case. Other than Jones, who always does that, the team has quite clearly been doing the opposite for some time now. In the middle of the run of wins, they went games on end with no home runs and a ton of singles. And no one other than Jones appears to be overswinging. I think perhaps you are stuck in 2009.

Agreed. I think you could argue the guy taking the hardest swings on the team other than Andruw right now is The Bridge, and he's raking and can do whatever he wants until he remembers he's bad and stops hitting, so it's fine.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Agreed. I think you could argue the guy taking the hardest swings on the team other than Andruw right now is The Bridge, and he's raking and can do whatever he wants until he remembers he's bad and stops hitting, so it's fine.

"The Bridge"? Really?

How about "Lillibridge" why does every s***ty player that comes through town need to get a nickname? It also doesn't f***ing count if you're brainstorming nicknames, it needs to be an organic process that develops over time. Thinking up a "good one" for a player defeats the purpose entirely.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
How about "Lillibridge" why does every s***ty player that comes through town need to get a nickname? It also doesn't f***ing count if you're brainstorming nicknames, it needs to be an organic process that develops over time. Thinking up a "good one" for a player defeats the entire purpose.

I want to nickname you "clutch"

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
How about "Lillibridge" why does every s***ty player that comes through town need to get a nickname? It also doesn't f***ing count if you're brainstorming nicknames, it needs to be an organic process that develops over time. Thinking up a "good one" for a player defeats the entire purpose.

For me, I called him Lillibomb after he crushed that homer to center when no one was watching the Sox game cause the Stanley Cup finale was taking place. As soon as he has a few bad games, I will no longer call him that.

If it's any consolation, I only call him bridge because I'm afraid i'm going to spelle "Lillibridge" wrong every time I attempt to spell it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
If it's any consolation, I only call him bridge because I'm afraid i'm going to spelle "Lillibridge" wrong every time I attempt to spell it.

You can't even spell the word spell correctly... there is no hope for you :lol:

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
You keep hitting on this, but its just not the case. Other than Jones, who always does that, the team has quite clearly been doing the opposite for some time now. In the middle of the run of wins, they went games on end with no home runs and a ton of singles. And no one other than Jones appears to be overswinging. I think perhaps you are stuck in 2009.

Besides Andruw Jones, Alexei Ramirez has been swinging for the fences the past 2 years. Beckham has an uncontrolled swing right now and has no idea what he's doing most of the time. Kotsay has a tendency to swing for the fences in situations with ducks on the pond instead of just going for the base hit. Before his resurgence, Quentin was in a real bad habit of trying to hit everything for a HR.

Just because the team doesn't hit many home runs lately doesn't mean the tendencies and habits aren't still there. In fact, these are tendencies and habits MANY major league players have, its not exclusive to our team.

Good points, Kally.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Besides Andruw Jones, Alexei Ramirez has been swinging for the fences the past 2 years. Beckham has an uncontrolled swing right now and has no idea what he's doing most of the time. Kotsay has a tendency to swing for the fences in situations with ducks on the pond instead of just going for the base hit. Before his resurgence, Quentin was in a real bad habit of trying to hit everything for a HR.

Just because the team doesn't hit many home runs lately doesn't mean the tendencies and habits aren't still there. In fact, these are tendencies and habits MANY major league players have, its not exclusive to our team.

I just disagree with your assessment. Every hitter occasionally lets loose, but as a team, other than Jones, the Sox are not swinging for the fences very often. Beckham certainly isn't, Kotsay doesn't appear to be, Quentin isn't either. I just don't think you are seeing what the team has been doing for the past month.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)

If you've seen some of my other posts, I even said Lillibridge is still trying to be a power hitter. But the hit he had last night to score 2 runs was a beautiful swing. Mark Kotsay or Alexei Ramirez would have broken their back from swinging so hard, while Lillibridge just simply served it right into right centerfield. Didn't try to do too much, just meet the ball and get a hit. And with 2 runners in scoring position and 2 outs, that's what you gotta do.

your new nickname is also booger

How about "Lillibridge" why does every s***ty player that comes through town need to get a nickname? It also doesn't f***ing count if you're brainstorming nicknames, it needs to be an organic process that develops over time. Thinking up a "good one" for a player defeats the purpose entirely.

Why are you such a hater?