Game Thread: White Sox (61-46) @ Detroit (53-54) 12:05 CDT

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@soxtalk.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.soxtalk.com Port

s*** ain't been right around here since Pierre hit that home run the other day. I'm telling you, people started floating around the room just like that scene in Inception when it happened.

Has to be a completely demoralizing and season ending loss for the Tigers. So much hope after tying it in the 9th and putting the winning run at the plate only to lose 3 out of 4 at home vs a division opponent. They are now 2 games under .500 and 9 back. 2 Horse race.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Wish we could have seen Sale but saw another player bust out onto the scene of future stardom.

I'm thinking we see Sale tomorrow. Putz, Jenks and Thornton all pitched the last two days. Putz is probably good to go because he only threw 2 pitches today, but Santos' 2 innings probably knock him out too. Add in that Baltimore sucks and the Sox could have a cushy lead, I'd bet Sale makes his debut tomorrow.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Has to be a completely demoralizing and season ending loss for the Tigers. So much hope after tying it in the 9th and putting the winning run at the plate only to lose 3 out of 4 at home vs a division opponent. They are now 2 games under .500 and 9 back. 2 Horse race.

Mark Kotsay flat out won a ball game for the Sox. You have to give the man credit today. Too bad Ozzie will now give him credit today...and tomorrow...and the day after....and the day after that....

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
TMK with a big STFU to SoxTalk.

LMAO.

I hate to disagree with the other half of the Justice System, but...

Mark Kotsay: 1

Soxtalk posters who want him dfa'd: 76

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Play of the game by Alexei Ramirez.

Cangelosi, you're in Hungary? Budapest? How is the economy there...?

I thought about teaching in Brno, Czech Republic, but ended up here in Asia. You're teaching there, right?

No, I have my own business, internet business, so I am fairly mobile...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
4 years now. Great times out here!

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Mark Kotsay flat out won a ball game for the Sox. You have to give the man credit today. Too bad Ozzie will now give him credit today...and tomorrow...and the day after....and the day after that....

Just read the thread, glad to see soxtalkers giving Kotsay the deserved love today. Most people praised him greatly.

I had to laugh at this post:

"ANY chance in HELL the White Sox can respond the same way the Twins did against the Rays? I say 0%... Miggy leading off the next inning...they should just put Linebrink in and make it pretty automatic."

The Sox responded exactly as the Twins did. Good job Sox!

Edited by greg775