2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 15, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
This ^_^

was just one game

No, I agree with Balta. If the Heat don't win game 2, they could be in big trouble. They will be literally worn down by games 5-7 by the Bulls bench.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can you guys make of this facebook status progression?

Dave (Bulls fan from Chicago, IL): "Lets go all you ban wagon heat n lebron fans"

Joe (Lakers fan, LBJ lover from Bettendorf, IA): "omg! bandwagon? please, Chicago fans are bandwagon! lol! just look at all the blackhawk fans all of a sudden"

Dave: "Blackhawks r not apart of chicago. Just like hockey is not n american sport"

Joe: "ha tell that to all the chicago fans. After the NHL playoffs the Bulls increased their ticket prices and sales...hmmm"

Dave: "Ur right. Or maybe it could b rose, boozer, n the revamped roster which got chicago fans excited and amped to see them play...Or the fact that the bulls have been on the rise the past 2 years. With last year being the rise of chicago'sbulls 1st all star which got the city excited for. But ur right its cus of the blackhawks winning the cup for increase n tick sales"

Joe: "haha yeah right, chicago fans were too busy hating on Lebrons decision over the summer to care for Boozer. Rose is only averaging 4ppg and 1.5 apg more than last year, not THAT impressive. But yeah an MVP trophy makes a lot of people jump on your dick lol Where were they when he won rookie of the year? or took Boston to a 7 game series as the 7 seed?...nope, being #1 in the league is the main source...just like the blackhawks last year, smh"

Dave: "Lol sorry maybe you should act watch bulls games n nkt rhe ones on tnt n espn"

Joe: "LMAO! Are you s***ting me? have you forgotten Janko is my suitmate? LMAO!"

Dave: "LMFAOO I did 4get. Stop blowing up this post trying to watch the game dammit lol"

Joe: "lol aight enjoy bro"

Joe is a known Chicago fan instigator, Lakers fan and LBJ blow-jobber. Is any of what he arguing true? Are Chicago fans truly fairweather and only go out in full force or care when they are winning?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
He's an OK coach, the complete lack of a bench makes him look far worse than he really is.

I understand this is only one game and obviously the Heat can still win the series, but a team with size and a deep bench gave them problems all year, I'm not sure why many people thought this series was going to be different. I don't think Kendrick Perkins is as great as a lot of pundits make him out to be, but just his size alone would have made that Celts/Heat series completely different, and the Bulls have actual big man depth. Having size helps prevent crazy 10+ runs against the Heat.

This will be a fun series, the Heat will have at least one blow out win similar to this, my pick would be game 3.

Spoelstra truly doesn't have much going for him. He's a horrendous offensive coach and has absolutely no gameplan outside of giving the ball to LeBron and praying he makes a play. His plan B on offense is giving the ball to Wade and praying he makes a play. This works against most teams, but not a team like the Bulls with players that actually know how to defend. The worst part is that the Heat used to be a dominate defensive squad, but even that has gone awry under Spoelstra's watch. To put it in perspective, Big Z and Erick Dampier were the Heat's best rebounders at C and they were inactive tonight.

He's going to look really, really bad when his entire offensive playbook shoots a combined 12-32.

The worst part as a Heat fan is that Riley's ego isn't going to allow Riley to admit he was wrong with Spoelstra, so yipee.

Seriously, if the Bulls bring that type of effort 7 more times, they're going to win it all.

The Heat simply haven't seen the size nor the quickness nor the depth that the Bulls can bring. I don't think they can hang.

I know Spolstra was saying you have to move the ball against this Bulls team to be effective and he's right. The problem is, his team is more of a straight up ISO/one on one. You can't do that against this defense who is excellent in weak side help and even one on one. I haven't seen this defense play that well this year. Just straight aggressive in closing in, straight up, covering the passing lanes, diving for loose change, etc. The Heat bench is not good enough to go toe to toe with the Bulls bench.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
I know Spolstra was saying you have to move the ball against this Bulls team to be effective and he's right. The problem is, his team is more of a straight up ISO/one on one. You can't do that against this defense who is excellent in weak side help and even one on one. I haven't seen this defense play that well this year. Just straight aggressive in closing in, straight up, covering the passing lanes, diving for loose change, etc. The Heat bench is not good enough to go toe to toe with the Bulls bench.

I don't think that's that bold of a statement. Really, there is no bench that is good enough to go toe to toe with the Bulls'. What's better is how well the Bulls bench has played against Miami both in the regular season and tonight.

The Heat have the advantage in star power/talent - whatever you want to call it. But as was shown tonight, they have superior depth, superior size, and far superior coaching. I think Miami is going to have to shove a horseshoe up their own ass if they want to win this series.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
I don't think that's that bold of a statement. Really, there is no bench that is good enough to go toe to toe with the Bulls'. What's better is how well the Bulls bench has played against Miami both in the regular season and tonight.

The Heat have the advantage in star power/talent - whatever you want to call it. But as was shown tonight, they have superior depth, superior size, and far superior coaching. I think Miami is going to have to shove a horseshoe up their own ass if they want to win this series.

33vdq3l.gif

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)

Correct, though I will say the Thunder bench is very underrated.

Look at the photographer in the blue shirt on the floor.

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?

Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

If you guessed this one is not like the others,

Then you're absolutely...right!

It's as if he got caught looking through his lense and missed it.

Edit: Or maybe he's just really stoked he got the shot. I guess it would be pretty funny if he had his Canon swinging in the air, too. :)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Real @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
Bulls gonna get raped lol

QUOTE (Real @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)
Miami gets their points so f***ing easily

There's your X factor: Talent

QUOTE (Real @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
lol, what is that 5 turnovers already? what a joke

QUOTE (Real @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
U mad bro? Get some tissues

Where did you go for the 2nd half? I would have loved to read more expert analysis from you.

Have to love our humility. Deng just shut down one of the best players in the NBA (if not one of the best stat sheet fillers of all time), and he has the intelligence to say "I didn't do anything. He just had an off night." And of course Derrick is always very humble.

Hard not to love this team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 16, 2011 -> 04:06 AM)
Have to love our humility. Deng just shut down one of the best players in the NBA (if not one of the best stat sheet fillers of all time), and he has the intelligence to say "I didn't do anything. He just had an off night." And of course Derrick is always very humble.

Hard not to love this team.

Haha, I was surprised during the game when they said boozer gave bosh bulletin board material, b/c all the comments from the bulls leading up was the most respectful talk i've seen in the playoffs. If we can pull this off, i'll take the time to really celebrate deng. It is really hard to ask someone to play that hard on defense and execute that big on offense. He's killin it. I had so much to say about this game, but it would take me hours. I spit most of it with my roommate.

But the #1 thing, the thing i was most worried about but knew to be true. The bulls are a much better team when they need their energy to help push them over the edge. If they are facing a team who has more scoring talent or whatever, and they need to just play at a higher energy level, they ignite. But more than that, that's probably just a part of it. It was so hard before this watching miami to play and imagine really containing their offense. But beside our amazing help d v. iso, I didn't realize how much our bigs would dominate on the glass and offense. You could see in taj and noah and asik and boozer that they were just like "i'm getting guarded by jamaal magloire? ha".

It's just one game, but i do really like to see taj, noah, boozer and asik be that confident against their matchups. And f***, it was nuts, but the heat oculdn't take advantage of the KORVER matchup! Our help was so strong that we could leave him on the floor. What a game. Even rose didn't do that bad against wade.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
Haha, I was surprised during the game when they said boozer gave bosh bulletin board material, b/c all the comments from the bulls leading up was the most respectful talk i've seen in the playoffs. If we can pull this off, i'll take the time to really celebrate deng. It is really hard to ask someone to play that hard on defense and execute that big on offense. He's killin it. I had so much to say about this game, but it would take me hours. I spit most of it with my roommate.

But the #1 thing, the thing i was most worried about but knew to be true. The bulls are a much better team when they need their energy to help push them over the edge. If they are facing a team who has more scoring talent or whatever, and they need to just play at a higher energy level, they ignite. But more than that, that's probably just a part of it. It was so hard before this watching miami to play and imagine really containing their offense. But beside our amazing help d v. iso, I didn't realize how much our bigs would dominate on the glass and offense. You could see in taj and noah and asik and boozer that they were just like "i'm getting guarded by jamaal magloire? ha".

It's just one game, but i do really like to see taj, noah, boozer and asik be that confident against their matchups. And f***, it was nuts, but the heat oculdn't take advantage of the KORVER matchup! Our help was so strong that we could leave him on the floor. What a game. Even rose didn't do that bad against wade.

Yeah, they definitely seem to play to the level of their competition. Forgotten in all these slobberknockers against the Pacers and Hawks, at least by much of the national media, is how well we played against the elite teams in the league this year.

This is going to be a kickass series.

BTW, did the font change for anyone else, or did I accidentally hit a button somewhere?