NBA Predictions - (Predictabulls Part II)

I'm going to say Miami wins 65 but gets knocked out in the Eastern Conference finals by Boston.

Lakers play Thunder in Western Conference final.

Lakers repeat.

Kobe MVP.

Bulls win 53, get #4 spot in playoffs, get mowed down by Miami in semifinals.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulls win about 48 with their typical slow start burning them, especially with Boozer out. They beat the Bucks in the first round and lose 4-2 to the Heat in the second, getting people's hopes up for next season.

Heat win in the mid-60's and don't lose more than 2 games in any eastern conference series, beating Boston in the conference finals.

Lakers cruise in the first two rounds but are seriously tested by Portland (one of the few teams with the size to challenge the Lakers).

LA wins the title with Artest and Odom making a huge difference.

Some of you guys are really screwing up the brackets. If they win 50-something games and take the 4/5 seed (which seems to be the consensus), they'd get the #1 seed (the Heat by pretty much everyone's estimation) in the second round. So a lot of you are wrong on the playoff predictions by default. :P

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
What happened to the other ten games?

In the Heat's quest to win 72 games, ESPN lobbied the NBA to allow them to steal games from other teams, and of course David Stern ok-ed it

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
Some of you guys are really screwing up the brackets. If they win 50-something games and take the 4/5 seed (which seems to be the consensus), they'd get the #1 seed (the Heat by pretty much everyone's estimation) in the second round. So a lot of you are wrong on the playoff predictions by default. :P

It's moments like these when I wish I could use Boers & Bernstein's "Who cares?" soundbite on a message board.

I'm not going to get into seedings. The Heat, Magic and Celtics should be the top 3 from the east. While the Lakers, Thunder and Blazers (Blazers if healthy are ridiculously talented) are my top 3 from the west. Heat vs Lakers (shocking) with the Heat winning rather easily in 5. As for the Bulls? I'm not nearly as optimistic as some. They should win 45-48 games (50 tops). Should win at least one playoff series depending on who they play. But they're not a title contender in the least.

Oh, and people picking Kobe to win the MVP are nuts. His MVP in '08 was more of a "I guess will give it to you since you've been around for so long" award. And he's just never been statistically dominant enough across the board to garner much consideration. It's either going to be LeBron, Durant or Anthony.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Bulls win about 48 with their typical slow start burning them, especially with Boozer out. They beat the Bucks in the first round and lose 4-2 to the Heat in the second, getting people's hopes up for next season.

Heat win in the mid-60's and don't lose more than 2 games in any eastern conference series, beating Boston in the conference finals.

Lakers cruise in the first two rounds but are seriously tested by Portland (one of the few teams with the size to challenge the Lakers).

LA wins the title with Artest and Odom making a huge difference.

This. Only thing is, Heat sadly beat the Lakers in 6 games. The world cries. Miami's fan cheers, but can't be heard. ESPN continues coverage of the celebration in Miami all the way up until preseason in which they station Jon Barry, Jalen Rose and some other guy to talk about the Heat's chances for repeating throughout all of camp.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
BTW, top three teams in the West will be Los Angeles, Dallas, and Utah

Am I missing something about Utah here? I've heard people having them in the top 3 of the West all week.

No way this team is better than 7th in the West. I would go LA, OKC, Dallas, Denver, Portland & SA before Utah.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Am I missing something about Utah here? I've heard people having them in the top 3 of the West all week.

No way this team is better than 7th in the West. I would go LA, OKC, Dallas, Denver, Portland & SA before Utah.

After the Lakers, you could seed anyone of the next 7 teams in any order and you wouldn't look silly. Utah lost Boozer but gained Al Jefferson. Kirilenko is healthy and Deron Williams gets better every year.

Bulls go 47-35, hampered by a slow start due to Boozer's injury and integrating new players and getting used to TT's system.

They get the 5th seed as the Bucks win the Central by 1 game, but defeat the Bucks in 6 games, before getting swept by the Heat in the Semi Finals.

Miami plays Orlando who beat Boston in a tough 7 game series, and the Heat win that one in 6.

Miami play the Lakers in the finals, who just get past OKC in 7 in the Conference Finals. Miami win that one in 6.