2010 NLCS: Giants vs. Phillies

Brian

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this might have been the last time the Phillies have a super legit chance at winning it all.

They'll still be a playoff team next year, but they probably won't get Werth back. That rotation of theirs is still really good, but this is not a young team and I think we might see some regressions from a lot of their position players (Rollins, Ibanez, Polanco, maybe even Utley).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I have a feeling this might have been the last time the Phillies have a super legit chance at winning it all.

They'll still be a playoff team next year, but they probably won't get Werth back. That rotation of theirs is still really good, but this is not a young team and I think we might see some regressions from a lot of their position players (Rollins, Ibanez, Polanco, maybe even Utley).

True. Though we get our first real look at Dominic Brown next year. And they've still got a really good system. I hope we don't have to hear s*** about Cliff Lee. The Phillies simply didn't hit like they have in the past.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
True. Though we get our first real look at Dominic Brown next year. And they've still got a really good system. I hope we don't have to hear s*** about Cliff Lee. The Phillies simply didn't hit like they have in the past.

It really wasn't the pitching. Howard and Utley didn't do anything.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)

Still, with the way Lee is going this post season, i's hard to say that trade wasn't bad.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
Still, with the way Lee is going this post season, i's hard to say that trade wasn't bad.

Meh, that's too easy. And they rectified that mistake by netting Oswalt. They might not have even won their division without his insane stretch to end the season. They were plenty good enough to beat the Giants. They just didn't hit.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Another thing? Did this game start before 7? It's a damn shame a 3-2 game lasted this f***ing long. These playoffs games are honestly starting to bore the f*** outta me.

Maybe its because I'm in India, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the games. I've been waking up a little early out here in the AM to make sure I can catch em all. Both series were fun to watch, imo.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Congrats to the Giants. They've got three of the absolute worst contacts in baseball. But when you get Uribe, Torres, Huff, Burrell, Lopez, for what, 7 million combined? In other words they were pretty damn lucky. Oh yeah, they can pitch too.

Who is the 3rd? Zito and Rowand are givens, but I really can't think of another contract that can be considered among the worst in the game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Who is the 3rd? Zito and Rowand are givens, but I really can't think of another contract that can be considered among the worst in the game.

Renteria was a bad contract, but yeah, it's not one of the worst.

Honestly, that deal made absolutely zero sense. Renteria came off a terrible season and he still got paid like he hit .330.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
OK, I can bring myself to post here.

That was pretty cool. (Uribe's HR)

Seem like he's money in big games. He made the last play for us to win the world series. What ever happened to the great Aaron Rowand?? Why is he not playing??

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Renteria was a bad contract, but yeah, it's not one of the worst.

Honestly, that deal made absolutely zero sense. Renteria came off a terrible season and he still got paid like he hit .330.

Renteria is a terrible player. I might take Teahen over him. Teahen at 10 million a year? Oh my god.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)

Really? Unless I'm missing something, they still have Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels in their rotation. Despite what happened this year, that still makes them favorites to at least win the NL, IMO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Really? Unless I'm missing something, they still have Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels in their rotation. Despite what happened this year, that still makes them favorites to at least win the NL, IMO.

lol. Did you read his post? He did say they were probably still a playoff team. Being the favorite doesn't really mean much, as they were the overwhelming favorite this year.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
this world series is garbage, gonna be the lowest rated in a LONG time..

With all due respect and I mean no harm ... fans of both teams will tell you "f*** off."

Seriously, it's a darn good WS in my mind. You know why? Cause both teams deserve to be there.

Who gives a f*** about the ratings? Who gives a f*** that NY, Boston and the fricking Phillies are sitting home???

Not me.

I like this WS. I like it a lot!

And good luck to Texas overcoming the homecourt disadvantage since we lost the meaningless all star game. Yes the AL lost to the minor league NL. You listen to some people on here and the NL is like Class A baseball.

I'm sure some people thought CWS vs. Houston was an awful WS as well. Uh, fans in Chicago (well some of Chicago) and Houston were darn happy to be there.

I am surprised so many people care about ratings. f*** the ratings. Play ball!!!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 07:46 AM)
Anybody else get crazy flashbacks when Rowand and Uribe were both on the field celebrating?

That is crazy indeed.

I wish them both well. Two great competitors. Uribe has been a fine NL player after his days with the Sox. Rowand is a former favorite of mine, though many on here hate him which is their prerogative of course.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
With all due respect and I mean no harm ... fans of both teams will tell you "f*** off."

Seriously, it's a darn good WS in my mind. You know why? Cause both teams deserve to be there.

Who gives a f*** about the ratings? Who gives a f*** that NY, Boston and the fricking Phillies are sitting home???

Not me.

I like this WS. I like it a lot!

And good luck to Texas overcoming the homecourt disadvantage since we lost the meaningless all star game. Yes the AL lost to the minor league NL. You listen to some people on here and the NL is like Class A baseball.

Just can't please some folks. How many times do we hear every year, "Anybody but the Yankees." Then when we get some new blood we hear how it's going to be a s***ty series and nobody will watch. Honestly, I'm really starting to lose interest in playoff baseball (unless the Sox are there, of course). If anything, the ridiculous length of the games are what's going to keep people from tuning in. These games are just taking wayyyyyyyy too f***ing long. We're not even talking about 10-8 slugfests in which you expect the game to run longer. Even the low scoring games are taking forever. Tonight's game took 3:41 minutes. Are you serious? For a 3-2 score? And this has become a trend. I don't know what the hell can be done about it. But baseball has to come up with something. Buster Onley proposed a 15-20 second pitch clock. Sounds pretty crazy. But I'm not sure I'd be that against it.

Edited by Jordan4life