Colby Rasmus should be on the White Sox radar

macsandz

I think Kenny will be targeting Colby Rasmus. He'd be that left handed bat to help balance the lineup and his .860 OPS and .366 wOBA were first among full-time NL CFs. It would take a serious haul to acquire him as he is cost-controlled for 4 more years. Here is a nice article on Rasmus and his value:

http://pinetarandpocketprotectors.wordpres...us-trade-value/

In that article they suggest a few possible deals:

To the Yankees for: Brett Gardner, Manny Banuelos

To the Braves for: Craig Kimbrel, Arodys Vizcaino, Omar Infante (one year until free agency)

To the Blue Jays for: Shaun Marcum, Zach Stewart

To the Marlins for: Mike Stanton straight up

I think you can get a good feel for his value with these somewhat generic proposals.

I would say to the White Sox for John Danks, Gregory Infante, Brandon Short

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I think Kenny will be targeting Colby Rasmus. He'd be that left handed bat to help balance the lineup and his .860 OPS and .366 wOBA were first among full-time NL CFs. It would take a serious haul to acquire him as he is cost-controlled for 4 more years. Here is a nice article on Rasmus and his value:

http://pinetarandpocketprotectors.wordpres...us-trade-value/

In that article they suggest a few possible deals:

To the Yankees for: Brett Gardner, Manny Banuelos

To the Braves for: Craig Kimbrel, Arodys Vizcaino, Omar Infante (one year until free agency)

To the Blue Jays for: Shaun Marcum, Zach Stewart

To the Marlins for: Mike Stanton straight up

I think you can get a good feel for his value with these somewhat generic proposals.

I would say to the White Sox for John Danks, Gregory Infante, Brandon Short

I write for that blog and the guy who wrote that isn't exactly the brightest...

I had to edit the article to hell to make it look at least semi-professional.

Half of those proposals don't make sense.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
I write for that blog and the guy who wrote that isn't exactly the brightest...

I had to edit the article to hell to make it look at least semi-professional.

Half of those proposals don't make sense.

My favorite line from the piece? "Science even shows that the human brain doesn’t stop developing until the age of 25 for most males. "

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Buehrle and prospects.

I can tell you one thing that isn't happening with the Cardinals this year. They're not taking on salary. They have something of a large possible commitment coming up to a guy who plays 1b for them. Their total salary has bounced between $90 and $98 million the past few years. Simply signing that guy is a commitment to instantly go beyond $110. Adding Buehrle would push that to $125.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
I can tell you one thing that isn't happening with the Cardinals this year. They're not taking on salary. They have something of a large possible commitment coming up to a guy who plays 1b for them. Their total salary has bounced between $90 and $98 million the past few years. Simply signing that guy is a commitment to instantly go beyond $110. Adding Buehrle would push that to $125.

Just my hopeful dream to get something decent in return for Buehrle's contract.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
Could A Quentin/Rasmus swap possibly work?

Have we entered the baseball twilight zone? In the last week the Marlins are shopping Mike Stanton, Danks and CQ are enough to land Votto and CQ alone would land Rasmus?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
Have we entered the baseball twilight zone? In the last week the Marlins are shopping Mike Stanton, Danks and CQ are enough to land Votto and the CQ alone would land Rasmus?

Also, Ramon Castro for Adrian Gonzalez (somehow, this always works on MLB the Show)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)

Then let's get Albert Pujols. Makes about as much sense as the article on Rsmus and us trading Danks and 2 good prospects for the guy

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Then let's get Albert Pujols. Makes about as much sense as the article on Rsmus and us trading Danks and 2 good prospects for the guy

I could see a Danks/Rasmus matchup actually starting to make some sense for both sides. Clear out a clubhouse trouble, get a guy who is only in his first arb year so doesn't kill the bank, White Sox get a 23 year old LH bat who can at least contribute defensively in the OF. Infante they probably would really try to hold onto because they need the reliever...but KW has shown no hesitation about dealing guys from A-ball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
In terms of raw value that's a loser for the Cardinals right now...Quentin's value has just dropped so much between injuries and disappointment.

Only those that thought he was 2008 Quentin should be disappointed. Some Sox fans think of him as some MVP level savior that needs anti-psychotic meds or something. The guy is young, relatively cheap and good for 25 HRs/85RBIs/800+OPS a year.

I'd like to see what we can get for him in a deal, but if he stays put, DH him and his value and production should be excellent.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)

Danks make a ton of sense for the Cards and Rasmus for the Sox. John Danks is one of the very few trade chips the Sox have to get a quality, impact return for 2011 and beyond.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
How can that guy suggest Rasmus for Stanton? That's insane.

He also doesn't know the difference between there and their. So there's a possible reason why he thinks that way.