Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 05:01 PM)
Can somebody please tell me what the reason is that MY BROWSER KEEPS MARKING THREADS I'VE READ AS UNREAD?! I'll go through a forum and read the new stuff in about five threads and when I got back to the forum, all or most of the stuff it had already marked as read will be unread again.

I get it once in a while, and it drives me crazy too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
I don't even know what that is :lol:

I still use Firefox, though. I know Chrome is supposed to be better, but I'm used to it and it doesn't seem to be outdated.

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in 96 when I was a freshman in college, SIU gave us this awesome CD which contained Netscape 3.0 and Eudora Lite. You could not check your email unless you had eudora installed on your computer.

It was pretty much marginalized when hotmail/yahoo/gmail/outlook showed up

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
My free loading aunt, who has been payed "under the table" by my dad for years to care for my aging (now 88 year old) grandpa to keep him out of a retirement home (HER request), has hired a lawyer and convinced my mentally fractured grandpa to remove my dad's power of attorney and completely remove him (and probably my sister and I) from his will. She's apparently been slowly "brain washing" my grandpa for the last few years.

My dad has been paying all his bills, tracking his medical records, and running his finances ever since my grandma died and his second wife was killed in a car accident. Prior to the car accident that killed his wife and severely damaged his shoulder and leg, she wasnt really part of the family. She had completely removed herself. My aunt hasnt had a stable job for probably 15-20 years ever since she was laid off from United. She's been using my Grandpa (and my dad) as a way to make easy money. This entire time, my aunt has effectively been using my Grandpa's car for "free" even though he hasnt been able to drive in 5+ years.

Essentially, it's a play to get 100% of his inheritance.

Paying her to keep an eye on him was what she insisted on to keep him out of a retirement home, which he would have needed if Grandpa did not have a care taker. He was mental ok until a few years back when he had a stroke and hasnt been the same since.

At the time, having her around (as much as she and my dad weren't getting along) wasnt a bad idea and their relationship was "amicable". But I think she's seeing $$$ and going for it, probably should have seen this coming.

In retrospect, my dad regrets that decision. But, one of my grandma's last wishes before she died was to "keep him in the house as long as you can". Oh, and "make sure the kids (my sister and I) get some of the money so they have an easier life."

My dad called my grandpa today to see what was going on, and he told my dad he doesnt want anything to do with him or his family. As a co-worker told me today, she's turned my grandpa into a puppet.

Quick follow up. My dad talked to my grandpa today. He is not changing his will. He's just moving power of attorney for health and probably executor status over to my dad's sister. So, as of right now, things seem to have settled down.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
Quick follow up. My dad talked to my grandpa today. He is not changing his will. He's just moving power of attorney for health and probably executor status over to my dad's sister. So, as of right now, things seem to have settled down.

Talk to a lawyer first. Be sure that is a good idea and couldn't undermine a case of a changed will in the future.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
Talk to a lawyer first. Be sure that is a good idea and couldn't undermine a case of a changed will in the future.

This. It's not too hard to set things up so your dad gets paid out of your grandpa's estate for any medical bills your dad has paid and whatnot (assuming there is money in the estate, and your dad is paying the bills for some other reason). And that's even if your aunt finds a way to get all the inheritance.